Elton Chigumbura is being marginalised

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
watermelon

Re: Elton Chigumbura is being marginalised

Post by watermelon »

Interesting to see Mr pariah showing how successful Chigumbura was as an opening bowler, just furthers my case that Streak and Cremer were deliberately not bowling Chigs in an attempt to put more pressure on him to perform with the bat. In fact, I believe Williams is being trundled out as a full-time bowler as the Streak mafia are desperate for a reason to keep him in the team, as his batting alone surely isn't cutting it.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

I get the feeling pariah and watermelon are the same person :lol: I must admit he has done a decent job so far in making us believe they're different people.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Mr pariah could only dream of being watermelon.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

watermelon wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:11 pm
Interesting to see Mr pariah showing how successful Chigumbura was as an opening bowler, just furthers my case that Streak and Cremer were deliberately not bowling Chigs in an attempt to put more pressure on him to perform with the bat. In fact, I believe Williams is being trundled out as a full-time bowler as the Streak mafia are desperate for a reason to keep him in the team, as his batting alone surely isn't cutting it.

-watermelon.

Elton was captain for Zimbabwe for over 2 years and barely bowled himself, the only meaningful spell he bowled himself was against Afghanistan in the 2nd ODI in UAE. He actually bowled well and took 3 wickets but then failed to bowl himself again all series .....

Elton hasn't played since Streak and Cremer took over so don't blame them .....

Elton has admitted as much he doesn't feel confident bowling and doesn't like to bowl I don't why people want to blame the coaches and captains .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

[Mod edit: reference to deleted post removed]

Secondly, yourself or Jaybro(assuming he shares your view) - must kindly point to any sentence, statement or phrase where I either question or attack any of what was in his post that you argue from as a basis. I have posted within context and with reference official stats or articles of fact. More to the point, the fact is that as captain Elton Chigumbura batted at 4 and 5 - because he no longer bowls, something I insist on Williams doing so a proper bowler can be used.

Lastly, Chigumbura not bowling is not a mere case of lack of confidence, but a matter of fitness as well. Either way, none of that was the context of the discussion. The context of the discussion was jaybro rubbishing Elton Chigumbura being used as an opening bowler by Mangongo as if it was misguided(largely out of ignorance about Zimbabwe cricket and not having an intimate history and understanding of its players).

watermelon jokes around at times, but he is right on the money to question Chigumbura's use by Streak and Cremer as I have, because he should not have been relegated to batting number 7 and also expected to bowl, something he had refused to do himself as captain for various reasons. Since 2011 Elton Chigumbura has Zimbabwe's best average at number 4. Since Taylor's retirement he took over that position and did well, with a World Class conversion rate. What logical and factual reason could Streak(new coach) and Cremer(new captain) have possibly had to alter something that was working? After all, such tinkering is what has yielded some of Zimbabwe's worst ever results, and coincided with horrific form for a number of players such as Williams, Raza and Malcolm.

ZIMBABWE ODI BATSMEN AT NUMBER 4 SINCE 2011:
ZIMBABWE ODI BATSMEN AT NUMBER 4 SINCE 2011
ZIMBABWE ODI BATSMEN AT NUMBER 4 SINCE 2011
ZCNO4 - Copy.png (19.04 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Bavuma didn't do much, but already from those few signs he's being considered for a longer runs at number four, but in Tests. Rilee Rossouw was tried in a number of positions in ODIs, but eventually settled at number four because he excelled there. As far as "allrounders" are concerned there have been plenty promoted to bat higher but don't or hardly bowl anymore. I would never call Streak and Cremer idiots or stupid people, but certainly their actions in go against the grain in Chigumbura's case, so were definitely stupid and idiotic, as have been several calls they've made! If not then who can factually argue watermelon's sabotage argument which I wholly share?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I found some interesting stuff from pariah, back in his hhm phase.

- Chigs should be nowhere near the national team and is a lost cause
- Coventry could be good as Morgan and Pathan
- Hammy could open
- We should bat 8-deep in tests.

Source: https://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewto ... hhm#p25267

Admittedly these quotes are from 2011 and things have changed, but it is amazing how we are currently dealing with stances completely opposite these, except for Coventry as he is no longer a talking point.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 pm

- Hammy could open

Admittedly these quotes are from 2011 and things have changed, but it is amazing how we are currently dealing with stances completely opposite these, except for Coventry as he is no longer a talking point.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 pm

- Hammy could open

That is interesting.