Elton Chigumbura is being marginalised

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
watermelon

Re: Elton Chigumbura is being marginalised

Post by watermelon »

What reason does Chigumbura have to be motivated? The deck is stacked against him by Streak!

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

Googly

Post by Googly »

That's a strange thing to say. Surely he needs to stay motivated to do well in franchise to try and get back in the team?
To make sure he stays on a central contract earning 5k a month instead of 200?
Maybe with Streak and Cremer it's more merit based instead of cronyism and tithing?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Gargamel-
What are all these players doing whilst there's no franchise being played?
Matigimu finishes school in South Africa this year. My guess is he will go to Uni.
There's no way Willie Mashinge is 140. I like his attitude though.
I like Nyasha Nyasha from Saints, but someone needs to verify whether he's a chucker or not.
It's a pity about Jongwe, one of the few genuinely talented all rounders, but had smoke blown up his arse his whole life by people in the system desperate to prove that the broken system works.
Who is this young PE boy asking for money to go and play junior IPL in India, or whatever it is?

They need to resurrect the HPC at Country Club and beg GB or RB to whip some of these guys into shape. The only decent facilities outside of HSC lies idle. The two genuinely knowledgeable old school coaches who could get some discipline and work ethic going have been as marginalized as Chigs! The only coach that could raise his voice without fear was Mangongo.
They need to take a serious look at the undue influence Takashinga has and squash it. It was created to destroy the white stranglehold on cricket but it's time to rein them in. Well it's overdue, and in fact they've done more harm than good. For them to be able to delay the start of the season is disgusting.

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

Googly wrote:Gargamel-
What are all these players doing whilst there's no franchise being played?
Matigimu finishes school in South Africa this year. My guess is he will go to Uni.
There's no way Willie Mashinge is 140. I like his attitude though.
I like Nyasha Nyasha from Saints, but someone needs to verify whether he's a chucker or not.
It's a pity about Jongwe, one of the few genuinely talented all rounders, but had smoke blown up his arse his whole life by people in the system desperate to prove that the broken system works.
Who is this young PE boy asking for money to go and play junior IPL in India, or whatever it is?

They need to resurrect the HPC at Country Club and beg GB or RB to whip some of these guys into shape. The only decent facilities outside of HSC lies idle. The two genuinely knowledgeable old school coaches who could get some discipline and work ethic going have been as marginalized as Chigs! The only coach that could raise his voice without fear was Mangongo.
They need to take a serious look at the undue influence Takashinga has and squash it. It was created to destroy the white stranglehold on cricket but it's time to rein them in. Well it's overdue, and in fact they've done more harm than good. For them to be able to delay the start of the season is disgusting.
Nyasha Nyasha Chucks and its too late to change him high level of self belief and in a good club setup at the Kings on a wicket at country Club that i personally think would help him if they can pare him up with Callum Price and Tendai Shereni.

Mashinge at the under 19 was ranging between 132 and 135 and i seriioulsy think he can push to 140 and he can seriously bat. Level headed and sober minded i think he should be given his push and play at the next world cup.

I actually forgot that young Tari Musakanda does bowl seam though less he could fill that allrounder roll.

Guys at the moment are training on their own and playing club cricket trying to keep sharp. ZC's stipulation that contracted players must play club cricket have seen national team and franchise players pitch up at games with them needing to play a minimum of 5 games in the season.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

rupeni
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by rupeni »

Yes Mashinge has gained some muscle and pace.. Mumba, Mpofu, Mashinge and Aliseni are the only bowlers who can bowl at 140km/h.. I like Mashinge.. He's well mannered and puts in 110% every time he plays..

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

rupeni wrote:Yes Mashinge has gained some muscle and pace.. Mumba, Mpofu, Mashinge and Aliseni are the only bowlers who can bowl at 140km/h.. I like Mashinge.. He's well mannered and puts in 110% every time he plays..

Matigimu is tall (mumba height) he can bowl @ 140km/hr I think mashinge is a 132km/ hr type of bowler
Last edited by maehara on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix tags.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Aliseni is a myth.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

##Dougie Mariller
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by ##Dougie Mariller »

:) :)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Aliseni and Jakiel are both the real deal.
If someone can get Aliseni and Jakiel to the HSC nets and film them having a bowl off, then I'll bestow a knighthood to the winner.

Yes, I've just raised the stakes.

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

They both play for my club and ill be compiling videos. Both players are the real deal. As for Jakiel you can get first hand accounts from Umpire Owen Chirombe who saw him bowl some of 3 of the best death overs in Zimbabwe in the first ZPL game. SO watch this space. Ill share the videos on a drop box folder for guys to have a look at some of our guys in Practiice. On the topic of Allrounders Mafusire is the real deal .
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always