Elton Chigumbura is being marginalised

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
cricket_22001

Re: Elton Chigumbura is being marginalised

Post by cricket_22001 »

I am glad to hear Watermelon will talk to Taibu. But Watermelon, don't be a shrinking violet. I'm sure Mr Taibu respects his relationship with you regardless of any interference from Heath Streak.
You see, there are many reoccurring posts in this forum. Besides "get him in the team" & the 34 most useless, talentless cricketers in the game(Chigs included apparently), I would be a rich man if I had a dollar for every exasperated post I've read about Vusi or Hami giving their wickets away in the same manner over & over after a chanceless 20 or 30.
I don't know if anyone recalls Chigs injury issues. Is he Zimbabwe's version of Shane Watson? And if he barely bowls in 6 years, how good a bowler could he be?
Mind you, I was surprised when you were talking about THIS period of time but were quick to quote stats from 2006-2010.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Elton is one of the few Zim seamers who can actually make the ball seam a little, he showed that against BD in the first test and against Afghanistan in the 2nd ODI in Sharjah. If he practiced bowling more and bowled more it would be a benefit to the side IMO. But it's obvious he doesn't put the time in and doesn't want to bowl ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Jongwe over chigs any day of the week

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Where's Madziva?
If anyone had a right to think they are being marginalised it's got to be him. How many games of cricket does he have to single handedly win before he gets a decent run in the side?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Where's Madziva?
If anyone had a right to think they are being marginalised it's got to be him. How many games of cricket does he have to single handedly win before he gets a decent run in the side?
I for one am 100% in agreement with that, Madziva is the future while Chigumbura is the past, if the selectors don't buck up Madziva will be an old man and past his best

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

#justiceformadziva

#madzivamania

#gethimintheside

In all seriousness I don't think Neville's batting is good enough to bat 7, I think 8 or 9 for now but I think he needs to be in the squad and around Streak and Ntini as much as possible .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I agree that Madziva isn't good enough to bat 7, but Chigumbura isn't any longer either

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Madziva is probably the best prospect we have as an allrounder, given that Elton has been reduced to an afterthought by Streak and co. I fear that Madziva is being given similar treatment, whereas a slouch like Waller keeps getting chance after chance. The reasons for this seem clear to all, so perhaps no further speculation is needed!

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

The natural succssor to Chugumbura is / was Luke Jongwe but his now visble excessive gym work and alchol problems have derailed us of have any competion in the slot, The truth of the matter Chigs is lazy and like most lads is not putting in the extra yards. And once again my black brothers let me down. I have seen many times PJ , Waller, Cremer and Raza all organise extra personal sessions which pays off. Unlike my fat black brothers who prefer to be stuck in between a sluts legs drinking beer and gambling and only playing after threats of revocation of a contract which will see their girls friends and wives fight in public at HSC over who sits in the VIP wives section. The general physique is very concering highly unfit and talentless.

The next best allrounders are

1. Diplock - Complains a lot more than he should
2.Mafusire - Just not appreciated
3.Mutombodzi - Confused on his role and too comfortable
4. Maruma- not given full run and support to grow in any roll - last bowled leggies in Ages
5. Mashinge - The next big thing some how being missed and at the worst franchise the Mountaineers expect Limited role. Can bowl 140
6. Matigimu - Lost no one is showing interest in investing the time in his abilities
7. Ian Robinson- Mfana Tsuro has got it will be tested when under 19s take on the franchises but that kid needs to be incentivesed to stay.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

gargamel wrote:7. Ian Robinson- Mfana Tsuro has got it will be tested when under 19s take on the franchises but that kid needs to be incentivesed to stay.
Are you referring to the leg spinning all rounder Carl Robinson?

Also, what about Mavuta? Surely he is another all rounder in the making.

Sad to hear the story about Jongwe though. Thee guy wanted to be the next Angelo Mathews in one of his interviews. Pretty sad how he is losing the plot.