Zimbabwe announce bumper domestic season

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe announce bumper domestic season

Post by Googly »

The most uncontested cup in history.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Good news for Rhinos fans though, with the 'win' in the first/last match that's the Logan Cup won and in Kwekwe

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

aydee wrote:Of course, I guess those teams names are wrong now. I was interested to see that on the Tuskers FB page, they now refer to themselves as the Bulawayo Metropolitan Tuskers. Presumably the Eagles are now Harare Met. Midlands Rhinos? Manicaland Mountaineers?
Well tribalism is not good, we have unity day ....
Players just play cricket

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

gargamel wrote:I have the latest domestic schedule with games set to start this weekend with ZPL on this Sunday and the Logan Cup on the Monday. This is a bit confusing as it means the Provincial players will miss the 3rd round of the ZPL as they will be traveling to play the first class games.
Update Zimbabwe. Domestic Cricket league suvks

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

All should be set for games to start on the 16th. Players have been paid and Givemore Makoni has worked flat out to get things going after being left out to dry by the players in the first round.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

rusty17
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by rusty17 »

Meanwhile Sean Bell just put a photo on FB of a new Mash Eagles gym and Richmond Mutumbami commented that he was disappointed that the gym had been built just after he had retired. Can anyone confirm this?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Postponed again. No confirmation of when fixtures may resume :evil:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 77139.html

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Can't hold onto their best players (any of them), can't pay players, can't organize a domestic tournament...on and on ad nauseum. It is impossible to respect Zimbabwean cricket for an outsider with this sort of thing going on. Al the respect that I had built up from 2011 to 2013 is now gone. :x

The ICC has only 2 logical answers:

1) Strip Zimbabwe of Test status.

or

2) Forcibly excommunicate the ZC and run the administration of ZIM cricket itself.

The problem with #1 is that Test cricket is only played by 10 countries, and although its warranted, it sets a terrible precedent to cut a team off of Test status. At the same time it punishes players who don't have anything to do with the problems. Even when Ireland and Afghanistan are given Test status (next month I think), having 12 teams at the top level sounds so much better than just having 11.

#2 is the best option. The only issue is that the ICC is only slightly less corrupt than the theives at the ZC. If the ZC are scoundrels, what do you think of the big wigs in Dubai who are complicit and essentially encouraging the ZC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

Its Bloody raining, simple Fore casts are predicting more rain which will disrupt the season. Games shall be paid . Players have been paid and if a call is made to play let the players play. From my ZPL game last week we had near strength sides with good Under 20s in both teams. Firdose may be reporting something that we knew from two weeks back. Its a bit sensationalised but guys are playing cricket and ZPL is like the good old National League so quit wining and let ZC try and get things done.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always