Only 7 white players signed in Logan Cup 2016-17

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Only 7 white players signed in Logan Cup 2016-17

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe Domestic Cricket season 2017 begin from december 18th and the four franchse squads revealed, but whats interseting to see only 7 white community players are being signed by the franchises, excluding Brendan Taylor & Kyle Jarvis who are in kolpak deal under which can't represent national team, that means only 7 white players are eligible for selection ( Sean Williams, Peter Moor, Malcolm Waller, Craig Ervine, Greame Cremer, Nathan Waller & Ryan Burl )

Some fine individual performances came recently from white community players in the under 19 world cup 2016 & also from new cope of players like Snyder, Ives, Murray, Kefee followed by Trent Jayden, Alistiar Frost, Greig Dollar, Jonathan Conolly, Liam Rochi but none of them are being picked for the four franchises. Even players like Kyle Bowie, Brendan Deplock are also not picked.

Its ridiculous that all the white ceicketers are blamed for leaving the country due to payment issues. Few players might have some payment problems so they left, but its not hold for everyone, such talented players are clearly the victim of Country's Racial Qouta policy and therefore are not approached by the franchises.

For, the black players, its nothing to say, their performances are enough to speak what talent & skills they have got :)
Robo to rule :oops:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Only 7 white players signed in Logan Cup 2016-17

Post by sloandog »

Brandon has lost interest with the Eagles as they for some reason have shown no interest in him..He's doing his University degree I believe in SA soon. Seriously talented swing bowler lost. Stupidity form the Eagles if I'm being honest. The bloke really wanted to play Franchise Cricket and is a very dedicated, patriotic Zimbabwean. Another talent lost through those ever familiar cracks

Googly

Re: Only 7 white players signed in Logan Cup 2016-17

Post by Googly »

Did he not approach any of the other franchises? He's the one white guy that has stuck around and wanted to play, but Eagles is oversubscribed. Not giving him a few games sends a poor message to other second class citizens that they're wasting their time here.I know he had a rep for complaining and not pitching up for training, but in his defense if you're not getting a game it must be very frustrating. I'd like to see seven or eight white guys in one team, with a guy like Gary Brent as their manager/coach. It would create a lot of interest and there would be some camaraderie in the side. The few white guys dotted around must feel a bit isolated. I'm not suggesting there's an issue with any of them and their team mates, but there will always be a bit of a divide. I don't see anything wrong with it, people from the same tribe/culture naturally stick together and have more in common. Similarly I'd like to see the Bulawayo team made up exclusively from guys that live there permanently as well. We no longer have the numbers to do the same for Mountaineers and Rhinos though. I wonder how many different areas are required by ICC to make it look legit? It's ridiculous that Harare don't have two sides. Anyway it's not likely to happen, but it would have been interesting. More than 5 in one team may be considered an illegal gathering anyway.