Taibu to launch Zim Cricket Academy based in Merseyside!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Taibu to launch Zim Cricket Academy based in Merseyside!

Post by TapsC »

Wow that's really sad. It actually really concerned me at a certain point what happened. Look nobody could have predicted how that tour was going to be such a success. He is human and definitely allowed to make the decision he made. Hopefully he will play next year but I'm thinking won't he have to try and find a way to play 5 FC games this coming season since the visa rules changed?

Does anybody know exactly why Bowie didn't make it? Or did Taibu just not pick him

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

Didn't see an update on this fascinating thread. I'm sure you've all seen this article:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... tic-set-up

Despite the heavy scepticism from everyone here, it might seem that Taibu pulled the tour off. If he can spend a budget, come up with a result, I'd trust him more than the political cronies of yesteryear.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So will the Academy be an annual excursion to the UK with a new squad every year or will they take a nucleus of good guys from the previous year? Similarly if they're the 5th team in the franchise presumably there will be members that stay, a couple that may get offered spots in other franchises and then lesser guys get replaced with more promising school leavers?
If they've got the funding and the energy this will be the most pro-active step those ZC muppets have ever introduced. The problem is that the club cricket below Div 1 in England is not strong enough, they need to try and play Prem clubs and County Two's where they can, but must be a blend so they don't get caned too often and also don't have too many easy games.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 am
Look nobody could have predicted how that tour was going to be such a success.
Googly wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am
If they've got the funding and the energy this will be the most pro-active step those ZC muppets have ever introduced.
I thought there was no chance this would ever happen, so it's great that it turned out to be so successful. Well done to the people at ZC who made it happen.

pariah

Post by pariah »

If such a monumental waste of money that reeks or mass corruption, earns Taibu so much praise, then it's no wonder Zimbabwe cricket has suffered so much!

I think this was the most useless project ZC has ever undertaken in its entire history! Surely other cricket boards are looking at this and laughing.

After a fallout inevitably happens, I hope guys will maintain their support of Taibu and not change tune to attack Head of Cricket Affairs Makoni.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well it does suck, but where else are they going to get that amount of games?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Not just that, but for many of those guys it would have been their first real excursion anywhere. Would like to see the costs and who received what though.

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

As far as I understand, the players received nothing apart from their flights, accommodation and a food allowance. Cannot understand the level of negativity about this. Maybe we should all reserve judgement until we can observe the Rising Stars' performances in the Logan Cup etc.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

NickG wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 pm
As far as I understand, the players received nothing apart from their flights, accommodation and a food allowance. Cannot understand the level of negativity about this. Maybe we should all reserve judgement until we can observe the Rising Stars' performances in the Logan Cup etc.
This

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:48 pm
Well it does suck, but where else are they going to get that amount of games?
In South Africa. Against proper profesisonal cricekters.