Mavuta, Ngarava, Murray part of Zim A Squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Mavuta, Ngarava, Murray part of Zim A Squad

Post by The Robot »

Googly wrote:From that Logan B sham I'd like to see how many games had been played by each of those players in the last two years.

Zimbabwe Domestic Cricket is governed by strikes, protest, lack of logistic resources then when these players will play and prove themselves ?? It seems, they are entirely dependent on UK Clubs Stinct.
Every Year Zimbabwe Cricket Board are facing same problems, they should have a clear sketch of making domestic cricket success step by step then should start the domestic season.
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I doubt the ICC will ever save us.. apparently they give ZC money every quarter and a lot of it goes to paying back the millions they owe. if they wanted to stop this they would have a long time ago. the power really is in their hands

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:From that Logan B sham I'd like to see how many games had been played by each of those players in the last two years.
I think once you start looking at provincial second elevens it's like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Courtesy of Mueddie's bump the other day, let's look at the B squads from 2008 and see what has become of them:
Squads
Green: Adam Tom, George Banda, Tinashe Chaeruka, Maxine Chamburuka, Steven Chimhamiwa, Pepukai Chisaka, Tendai Chitongo, Ronnie Makohwera, Arnold Marambo, Alex Mavhiko, Shepard Muradza, Richard Muzhange, Glynn Nyamauta and Elvis Vheremu.
Gold: Lloyd Chikari, Atish Chouhan, Vincent Dururu, Dennis Gunda, Brian Hubbard, Paul Kasonde, Washington Kuripa, Taurai Madhiri, Dumisani Makunzini, Mike Mhlanga, Kendrick Moyo, Sydwell Ndlovu, Tafadzwa Ngulube and Khawulani Ntuli.
Red: Tonderai Bwana, Peter Fani, Clayton Gova, Douglas Jumbe, Benjamin Katsande, Panashe Malianga, Tendayi Matemayi, Samuel Mhone, Sadon Mukumira, Tendai Shereni, Clement Rizhibowa, Basail Sanilac, Willard Stenala and Donald Tiripano.
I've highlighted those that went on to have some success. Doesn't make for good reading.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
I think once you start looking at provincial second elevens it's like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Courtesy of Mueddie's bump the other day, let's look at the B squads from 2008 and see what has become of them:
Squads
Green: Adam Tom, George Banda, Tinashe Chaeruka, Maxine Chamburuka, Steven Chimhamiwa, Pepukai Chisaka, Tendai Chitongo, Ronnie Makohwera, Arnold Marambo, Alex Mavhiko, Shepard Muradza, Richard Muzhange, Glynn Nyamauta and Elvis Vheremu.
Gold: Lloyd Chikari, Atish Chouhan, Vincent Dururu, Dennis Gunda, Brian Hubbard, Paul Kasonde, Washington Kuripa, Taurai Madhiri, Dumisani Makunzini, Mike Mhlanga, Kendrick Moyo, Sydwell Ndlovu, Tafadzwa Ngulube and Khawulani Ntuli.
Red: Tonderai Bwana, Peter Fani, Clayton Gova, Douglas Jumbe, Benjamin Katsande, Panashe Malianga, Tendayi Matemayi, Samuel Mhone, Sadon Mukumira, Tendai Shereni, Clement Rizhibowa, Basail Sanilac, Willard Stenala and Donald Tiripano.
I've highlighted those that went on to have some success. Doesn't make for good reading.
I'd add Richard Muzhange and Chimhamhiwa to a lesser degree.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good work, Gents.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

foreignfield wrote:
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Squads
I'd add Richard Muzhange and Chimhamhiwa to a lesser degree.
:|
. Black Power..

Veremu17
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Veremu17 »

Most of us never played again after that tournament
: :oops:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Veremu17 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 am
What was the quality of the cricket like?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Veremu17 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 am
Yeah but that’s why you have to stop relying on ZC. This is why Club cricket has to be autonomous, with its own committee and committed players and inter-Club rivalries and not be answerable or dependent on ZC. Everyone mopes around waiting for ZC to organize balls, umpires, schedules, prepare the wickets etc etc. I see even boozers league has ground to a halt. There were some decent ex cricketers in this league and it was a great place to start off a couple of the better 12-15 year olds. All these guys are a bit older now and within the last couple of years have lost the mojo. There was much derision heaped upon these guys by ZC because it was a few white guys wanting to do their own thing.
Out of all those B players surely there are people there that want to at least play club cricket? It seems everyone needs to be spoon fed because they can’t do anything on their own. The guys that were willing and keen to get things moving are either not here or have lost interest completely.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d like to see Corporate sponsored club cricket. We need about 6 companies, the only way there would be any buy in would be if they got some significant tax breaks.