Musakanda - Burl Could be a better Openning Stand

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Musakanda - Burl Could be a better Openning Stand

Post by sloandog »

I like the idea of Moor opening the batting on ODI's, he's literally one of a handful of batters in the country who seem to effortlessly clear the ropes. Against the spinners it's see ball hit ball with him and it's great to see. Obviously needs to work on his tekkers against genuine pace, but if we're talking about an aggressive opening batter/combination, Moor, for me, would be a great candidate in the shortest format. When fit I wanna see Burl up there as well, when was the last time we saw two white Zimbabwe openers in ODI cricket..?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

BRMT and Choppa 11' World Cup ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yes, Coventry was the only attempt made towards that I can remember, but nothing after that. Our batsmen are all timid by nature anyway, so not many options too. In fact, in 2004-2006, if the Matsi experiment had succeeded, that would have been a masterstroke. He was good square of the wicket, and had good feet movement, just wrong shot selection most of the time.

As for Moor opening, he has zero feet movement early on in his innings, and against the moving new ball, this is recipe for disaster, as we have already found out on occasions when he did open. Plus he is more lethal against the spinners once his feet start moving well.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

PJ has Waller like foot movement..LBW waiting to happen with the new ball. I think we have to adapt to the conditions at hand before deciding who opens.. in Bangladesh for example it might make sense to put PJ on early because by the 6th over a spinner will be on but I feel his best position is probably around number 5 or 6. I think him and Williams can combine for a very good counter attack in spin friendly conditions.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Time for Streak to kick out Chari & Chibhabha out of the team and send Burl & Musakanda as openers in Odi sereis against Afgjans

What a brutal smashing!!!!!
Robo to rule :oops:

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Want to see this pair open today