Series Thread: Zim A vs Afg A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs Afg A

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I know I've asked this question 10 times already...but is it Ngarava or Matigumu who was the tall U19 pacer clocking 140 kph at the U19 world cup last year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Ngarava was hitting mid 130s on occasion. Likely to be matigimu

aydee

Post by aydee »

Kriterion_BD wrote:I know I've asked this question 10 times already...but is it Ngarava or Matigumu who was the tall U19 pacer clocking 140 kph at the U19 world cup last year?
Kundai Matigimu I saw hit 140kph. He seems to have vanished completely since that tournament, as far as I'm aware. He was always a bit out of the loop, as I think he was at school in SA, not Zim, so no idea what he's up to now.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

The Robot wrote:ZC should stop useless tournaments like ZPL and promote youths, Seniors and club players in 10 team Pro 50.
And yet, from here:
The Robot wrote:ZC should include 8 ZPL teams with 4 franchises
Make up your mind...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Matigimu was at St Benedict's in joburgh. I think he's done, so am assuming he's going to Uni. He was really quick as a junior but inaccurate. Had that natural whip that you just can't buy. Ngarava's delivery reminds me of a galloping camel. Why did no-one bother coaching this guy? He's got some good attributes, but that delivery stride doesn't have international stamped on it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That's what seriously gives me the shits about these Zim coaches. He's been in the system for a while so everyone knows his delivery is not great, the coaches will all huddle around and point it out like they're going to get a medal for spotting his shit action but you'd think one of them would give him a program to start correcting it. Aaah No!

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

overall have to say that this series was disappointing and people might be right by pointing out the coaching might not be good enough at the moment. was Klusener even around? Makhaya and Streak clearly have some work cut out with the young fast bowlers. the fact that a fringe player like Waller didn't really struggle compared to the likes of Chari and even PJ and Musakanda when we have been calling for them to replace him got me really concerned. these guys have the talent and must really be disappointed in their performances. they missed a golden opportunity to prove themselves.

Also what has happened to Jongwe? completely disappeared off the radar.