Does Ngarva, Mavuta, has been selected to be benched ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Does Ngarva, Mavuta, has been selected to be benched ??

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe A now trailing the sereis 3-0, better to say lost the sereis, but whats worst to see Dougie Hondo & his management contiuning to bench Richard Ngarva & leggie cum allrounder Mavuta.Both of them have earn lot of headline in UK , one being bowling at 140 kph and other with spin & batting.

Why they are warming in the bench the Management is not thinking about them ??

Googly

Re: Does Ngarva, Mavuta, has been selected to be benched ??

Post by Googly »

They're torn between facing a humiliating 5-0 whitewash and trying new players.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Give Ngarava a go. He will get absolutely massacred. His career has been given all these oportunities on the back of a single good u19 performance over a year ago. Got humiliated in the Africa Cup. Gets smashed at club level. And left England after a few games.

Mavuta is simply not accurate enough. He bowls at least 3 hit me balls an over. His other 3 are pretty good balls but you can't get away with this at levels like this.

But by all means give them a go. Madziva and others are doing terribly.
Last edited by Flakeman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I respect your views Flakeman due to you being on the ground and quality of your posts so far so I'm concerned you don't rate these guys Ngarava and Mavuta. You've also rubbished Mumba, Madziva and Blessing Muzarabani so I'm curious who do you see as the bright young bowling prospects for Zimbabwe?

I know you speak highly of Diplock but who else ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I rate alot of players.

Mumba I really don't. He's not as quick as everyone thinks he is. Lacks mental strength. He's decent though.

I rate Burl extremely highly. Both as a batsman and a bowler.

I rate Chatara highly.

I rate Chisoro highly.

I think Dylan Hondo is a good player.

Herbert Chikomba is a really accurate left armer.

I rate Malcolm Lake as reasonable. Loads of talent there. Not as good as Burl though.

I rate Kyle Bowie as an extremely accurate bowler.

I rated former u19 Dylan Nel very highly. Had a great work ethic.

To the guys you mention,

Blessing Muzarabani is picked because he is over 2m tall. He gets murdered whenever I watch him play.

Neville Madziva is a workhorse no doubt, but I think he lacks that X factor. Too predictable.

I rate Diplock as a talent and only follow him as I used to play for Old Hararians myself many years ago and have played a game or two of social league with him. Just annoys me that he doesn't get in ahead of players he's better than. Needs some more fitness.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Surely you have to admit Madziva has the mental toughness required. Most Zim cricketers crumble at the mere thought of pressure, Madziva on more than one occasion has risen to the challenge. Anyway from what I've seen on TV he's a more than handy batsman and a pretty good bowler.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I was talking more about young fast bowlers coming through .....

Chatara fair enough we all rate him, but the only other you mentioned was Kyle Bowie that he was accurate ......

What do you think about Mashinge, Matigmu, Nyauchi, Bidi ??

Or is there someone else ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

jaybro wrote:I was talking more about young fast bowlers coming through .....

Chatara fair enough we all rate him, but the only other you mentioned was Kyle Bowie that he was accurate ......

What do you think about Mashinge, Matigmu, Nyauchi, Bidi ??

Or is there someone else ?
Right, well.

Mashinge - This guy works damn hard ! I saw him playing in school days and had reasonable pace and was a handy player. You can tell he works hard on his game. His batting is pretty good to be honest ! I always seem to see him in the nets. He's got some pace too, not loads but enough. I don't know if swings it. The problem with him that I have is that he works super hard and still isn't that great. He is good don't get me wrong, but for a guy who puts so much work in, you can't help but think he's reached his ceiling in a way. He strays quite a lot with the ball too.

Matigimu - Naturally quick. Talent as a slogger with the bat. Dunno where he is now ! He genuinely has a quick bowlers build. Strong core and wiry. He really lacked any form of accuracy though. Hence him bowling in the 140s at the u19 WC but getting dispatched by better teams.

Nyauchi - out and out bowler. He is another workhorse who I feel is hard done by, by the selectors. Always performs for the A team but never gets a look in internationally. Not too much pace but seems very accurate with the ball.

Bidi- Nah don't read in too much here. Quick but all over the show. Not a great action and his head isn't screwed on.

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

Flakeman is on the money.

Ngarava is average and has been pushed way to fast up the system by someone. Gas he may have but to be honest he gets slaughtered most weekends on the club scene . I have mentioned it a lot i really don't rate him at all as FC cricketer and i expect him to surprise me.

Mavuta yes like most young leggies he does drop it short in an over and will get carted around. I rate him being a kid i have watched being groomed by the best batsman outside cricket Roberston Chinyegetere. This past weekend in the 2nd ZPL game he learnt how bad bowling will get punished as Donald Tiripano executed some of the best reverse sweeps and straight back drives. Mavuta just needs games and when in a Rhythm and in a good mood impossible to face.

Mashinge Is the real deal extreme work ethic and puts our national guys to shame. The fact he played FC before the world cup shows he is a serious operator. He is set to joining Taibu in England so his development will come along nicely.Mentally strong and that tough criketer we need.

Burl- Arrogant Prick who when he plays for himself is the bastard we need to win games. My pick for 3 or 4 in the next 6 months barring any injuries Just dont know why.

Nyauchi- In the form of his life but simply overlooked and underrated nasty bad blood with Makaya Ntini has slowed his progress

Mugochi- Should be our prime T20 and ODi skipper a real talent lost and frustrated by the system i highly rate.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Googly

Post by Googly »

lake is a really talented player. He may well finish Uni this year if I'm not mistaken. If he comes back to play some cricket and brings his A game then you'll see real talent. It would annoy me to see him fast tracked, but we're that short of players that you would see him in our national squad in no time. If you could give his abilities to Mashinge you'd have a world class player. We're looking a bit f*%ed because Burl, Masakanda and Moor are looking like the only batsmen that could put their hands up for the national side. We need a Flower or a Goodwin or a Johnson really urgently. We don't have any quicks and we don't have any world class spinners. We're not winning too many games with our national squad and probably even less with our A side. The shit is nostril deep.