Expected Squad for 5 odis against Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Expected Squad for 5 odis against Afghanistan

Post by eugene »

I am expecting ZC to leave out Nathan Waller and Ryan Burl and instead go with Brian Chari and Timycen Maruma. Maybe bring back Mupariwa for another go also.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I like Mr Twigs Squad ......

Young Musakanda under pressure he really did nothing against Afghanistan A ......

I wonder if we will play 2 spinners and 2 seamers or 3 seamers and Cremer plus overs from Willy and Raza ....

With no Chamu in the side Hami would also become the 4th seamer which is a good thing imo .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

judging by the A team games I got a feeling Musakanda will be in the squad but won't play the first game. it will put more pressure on him the next time he plays but this is good for competition in the squad . places shouldn't be guaranteed. got a feeling Raza might play in the muddle order and Chamu will open with Hami first up. Waller might even get a game ahead of Musakanda given his timely 50.

beginning to notice that we are slowly adding some genuine fire power into the team. PJ, Burl and even Musakanda look like they can easily clear the ropes. a feeling you didn't get when you saw Mutumbami or Chakabva attempting to clear the ropes. add them to waller Elton Hami and Raza and we might actually build a decent t20 outfit over the next few years. they just need to work on not giving their wicket away and frequently rotating the strike.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC wrote:they just need to work on not giving their wicket away and frequently rotating the strike.
And that's the difficult part, where we are very bad. Someone like Malcolm Waller is looking for runs all the time, even suicidally, playing low percentage shots, while others like PJ and Elton have shown that they don't rotate strike so they let pressure build enormously - specially at the beginning of their innings. There is no easy solution to this. Players' mindset and approach has to change. Like the way Musakaknda played on his debut. Busy, low risk, ensuring steady flow of runs.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

As per espncricinfo,
Zimbabwe Performances in 2016

Vusi Sibanda : Odis Matches : 3, Runs - 96, Batting Average - 12.46

Elton Chigumbura : Odis Matches :6, Runs - 67, Wickets - 0,
Batting Average - 8.54, Bowling Average - 58.90

Chamu Chibhabha : Odis Matches : 10, Runs - 175, Wickets -4
Batting Average - 17.80, Bowling Average - 52.45

Malcolm Waller : Odis Matches : 8, Runs - 159
Batting Average - 11.34

Chris Mpofu : Odis Matches 3, Wickets - 1, Bowling Average - 70.43

Seeing their stats, it can be rightly said, these four could only get selected in Zimbabwe National Squad only if, there is a bloody quota politics, selector's favouritism.

As a consequence we might see Ntini ready to hang himself in a tomato tree and Kluesner, Streak to be sacked because Mr. Boss TAVENGWA MUKUHLANI, doesn't like defeat against Afghanistan

Youths like ( Burl, Kaia, Ngarava, Mavuta even Musakunda ) have done well for Zimbabwe A if they are not picked, sense of politics could be felt.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

My team..
Chibhaba
Musakanda
Ervine
Burl
Williams
Raza
Moor
Nathan waller
Cremer
Chatara
Mumba
Playing chibhaba allows us to play another batsman at no 8 who in my opinion should be nathan waler who can even bowl a bit..but i am not sure if 6 whites can be allowed in starting 11

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

rupeni wrote:Nathan Waller and Burl made the squad
I don't understand your comment, do you claim to know the squad that has been selected?