Goodbye Full Membership status?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Goodbye Full Membership status?

Post by TapsC »

yup doesn't look like these reforms are going to happen. 4 members is a lot.. don't know how the other guys thought they were going to convince Zim to basically give up its test status and possibly lose full membership whilst taking away money from india at the same tine.the problem for me is that Australia and England especially have barely helped us out so whatever they say now cannot be trusted. there is no such thing as a temporary demotion.once we are gone we will never come back.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Rest assured, whatever the ICC decides, it will all be torn up in a few years when new personalities take control. Anything other than a big three takeover seems good though.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

TapsC wrote:yup doesn't look like these reforms are going to happen. 4 members is a lot.. don't know how the other guys thought they were going to convince Zim to basically give up its test status and possibly lose full membership whilst taking away money from india at the same tine.the problem for me is that Australia and England especially have barely helped us out so whatever they say now cannot be trusted. there is no such thing as a temporary demotion.once we are gone we will never come back.
I agree, except I think the Australian board has been reasonably supportive of ZC. We've had a few A tours and academy tours, plus the 2014 series. And occasionally some players/coaches get sent to Australia for coaching.

The ECB have been useless, no argument there. ECB the most useless of the lot because they seem to actively root against us.

NZC has been a pretty good friend to ZC, for reasons that aren't very clear to me. It never seems to be too long between NZ tours and I'm never quite sure what they get out of it.

BCCI's interests are purely self serving, they only help ZC when it suits them.

CSA don't do enough. They were somewhat helpful in the bad old days (2008-ish) but given their proximity they could be doing more currently.

BCB a pretty good ally just because of the similar standing (minnows who don't get much help from anyone else). But I think BCB have outgrown us lately.

PCB/SLC/WICB all equally a non-event.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

PCB/WICB/SLC have no money and plenty of problems of their own.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:PCB/WICB/SLC have no money and plenty of problems of their own.
PCB has money...their economy and fanbase guarantees it. They are losing a lot by not playing India, but they play AUS and ENG all the time despite having a woefully inconsistent team. Their problems are continuous match fixing scandals, idiotic comments made by their president from time to time, and picking fights with the BCCI they know they can't win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)