BRMT v Vermeulan on FB

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: BRMT v Vermeulan on FB

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Right, Taylor coming to defend his buddy Cremer and company. Actually makes the chances of his comeback more plausible, what with defending 54 all out and stuff.

But he has lost a lot of respect there instigating the spat. Every country has former players criticizing current bad performances and so did Carlisle. He could be part of the doom and gloom brigade as Alan Butcher would put it, but nothing wrong with what he said about the performance in the 5th ODI.

I used to hate Carlisle myself during his playing days as he was the quintessential momentum killer. Wherever he batted, he ate up deliveries and brought more pressure on to the batsmen at the other end. Like Vusi and Chamu of the recent brigade. But he is also the only Zimbabwean who has both a test hundred and an ODI hundred (vs India) on Australian soil. He also took over test captaincy under strange circumstances overnight on a tour of India and led from the front on day one of the test match with a gritty 77. His scores have come against better attacks and better opposition than Taylor ever got to face.

Taylor's record in the subcontinent are horrible, if you consider all the SLPL, BPL & DPL to go with the test and ODI matches he has played. Hamilton Masakadza, Chigumbura and Williams have better records than him there. So he better watch out before getting all big headed.

As for getting into a spat with Vermeulen, well, he clearly doesn't have better things to do in life...

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

'Here we Go! Coming from someone who is chemically imbalanced.
I'm sure the guys are first to admit the was a poor performance. I never support mediocrity Rex. But it's shit from you and Torch who majority of the time sit back and criticise the players, ZC and the country as a whole. Take a good look in the mirror on what you have done for yourself and your country, apart from burning down one of the few establishments we had along with the poor development players that lost everything in their bags that day. Didn't hear any apologies from you have we Rex? You my friend are what a true embarrassment looks like'

Shit the bed, that's close to home. Doesn't even sound like BT.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:Nah, Taylor is defending the current guys. He will be welcome back with open arms.
My bad. Howd I miss that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Carlisle maybe wasn't the most talented guy, but he exhibited way more spirit and determination that any of the current bunch. Carlisle was unfortunate in that he finally found consistency with the bat just as Zimbabwe's fortunes started to slide.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

What is wrong with BT

Googly

Post by Googly »

Our very own Jerry Springer show. Rule no 1. You don't air your dirty laundry on any social media. It must be tough for the Zim boys because they get roasted daily. I think if you're a pro sportsman you have to try and ignore the media, both good and bad because it will bend your brain. BT has a mean streak, that's for sure, but it does look like he's firmly committed to Zim cricket, which is good news.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think Taylor's frustration comes from the fact that whenever they do well they get no credit..as rare as that may be. and to be honest with you Taylor Is a better player than both those guys so he can back up his talk. he has won countless games for his country and he did score a 100 against India in Australia and we have beaten Pakistan in a test this decade. the void he left is being felt now with countless collapses. Even Raza and Elton scored centuries in Pakistan.. touring Bangladesh now is also not a joke. and I think the old generation beat Pakistan twice and India twice in tests those being their major victories.they never beat Australia in anything. these new guys have beaten them twice

my point is that as immature as this all is only a handful of those former players were actually good enough for them to say whatever they want.Zimbabwe were competitive like how Bangladesh is now but we were never world class. another key factor for me is that facilities were better and the old guys played regularly which also made them better so it cancels out for me.. we don't know how good or bad Ervine and Taylor would have been had they played under good governance.

nothing wrong with Carlisle voicing his disappointment but you might be surprised that maybe behind the scenes he has been saying a lot. as for Vermeulen he isn't worth the time and should just be ignored into the dustbins of history. we should have no time for racists showing no remorse for burning down one good thing we had going out here.

in the end we all want to progress and at least it looks like BT still cares

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Response of BT looks like as if he is a " Big Boss " of Zimbabwe Cricket, if he had so much concern for the country and the game then why did he go for the Kolpak Deal ?? Criticizing Stuart Carlisle, who had earn much respect from India, Pakistan, England even in Australia.

Just Rubbish from BT

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Holy Moly.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Jemisi wrote:Holy Moly.
+1