ZC defers head coach appointment as applications pour in

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

ZC defers head coach appointment as applications pour in

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

According to AllAfrica.com, ZC defers head coach appointment till May as applications have poured in from various people. The site mentions the names of GF, Streaky, Kepler Wessels, along with Chris Silverwood, Peter Kirsten and Alan Butcher among the 15 interested.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: ZC defers head coach appointment as applications pour in

Post by maehara »

Must be nice to be popular. :)

I remember the fiasco a year ago, when we had four applicants & ZC had to go with "none of the above"...

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Fantastic to see. If i had my way, i'd have Heath Streak as the national team coach, and the bowling coach. Grant Flower as his deputy and fielding coach.

Horo

Post by Horo »

sloandog wrote:Fantastic to see. If i had my way, i'd have Heath Streak as the national team coach, and the bowling coach. Grant Flower as his deputy and fielding coach.
i second that grant would also be able to double up as a batting coach

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Horo wrote:
sloandog wrote:Fantastic to see. If i had my way, i'd have Heath Streak as the national team coach, and the bowling coach. Grant Flower as his deputy and fielding coach.
i second that grant would also be able to double up as a batting coach
As he is doing such a great job at the Eagles and already knows the system i would go for a combination of Chris Silverwood as head coach with Heath Streak as assistant coach with David Haughton as batting consultant

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

zimfan1 wrote: As he is doing such a great job at the Eagles and already knows the system i would go for a combination of Chris Silverwood as head coach with Heath Streak as assistant coach with David Haughton as batting consultant
I don't know how much of a good coach Grant Flower would make. He had lots of flaws in his batting technique which couldn't seem to be corrected. I don’t know how he’s supposed to coach youngsters then.
I second Zim Fan's choice. Chris Silverwood seems a shrewd enough coah and has brought the best out of Greg lamb. That he has left out his senior players for the match against Tuskers shows how much he values his captain and most industrious players and needs them to rest before the final. This is a forward thinking coach

kartik

Post by kartik »

It is important to stand up for what is right.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Interesting. On another thread we've been told that Butcher is the man to take the role. Personally i hope this article is true as i'd prefer a former Zimbabwean superstar to take the job, opposed to a very average ex domestic cricketer.