Zimbabwe Tour of Scotland 2017 Confirmed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbabwe Tour of Scotland 2017 Confirmed

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe Cricket Team set to tour Scotland this June 2017, first time since 2003 for a short odi sereis after ZC & Cricket Scotland gave their official confirmation. The fixture includes two odis scheduled to take place on 15 & 17th June 2017 at The Grange, Edinburgh, Scotland

GregorPJ
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe Tour of Scotland 2017 Confirmed

Post by GregorPJ »

Black Mamba wrote:Zimbabwe Cricket Team set to tour Scotland this June 2017, first time since 2003 for a short odi sereis after ZC & Cricket Scotland gave their official confirmation. The fixture includes two odis scheduled to take place on 15 & 17th June 2017 at The Grange, Edinburgh, Scotland
Zim cricket on my doorstep! Can't quite believe it! Definitely will be at the game on the 15th!

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

GregorPJ wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:Zimbabwe Cricket Team set to tour Scotland this June 2017, first time since 2003 for a short odi sereis after ZC & Cricket Scotland gave their official confirmation. The fixture includes two odis scheduled to take place on 15 & 17th June 2017 at The Grange, Edinburgh, Scotland
Zim cricket on my doorstep! Can't quite believe it! Definitely will be at the game on the 15th!
Think i will make the trip north as well. ZCF meet up?

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

This is good news but I would have liked 3 maybe 4 matches instead of just the 2 but nevertheless it's great to see Zimbabwe playing over here again. Lets hope the weather doesn't spoil it ;)

My question is though, what's the difference between Zimbabwe being allowed to play Scotland but not England?

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The ECB know that games against Zimbabwe would not make much money, therefore hide behind the political argument. It's a convenience for them. Also England is the dominant nation within the UK in terms of population and politics, and games against Zim would by some warped logic of politicians, be seen to be giving credence to the Mugabe regime.

What if at some future point, there is a regime change in Zimbabwe? What argument will England have then?

Great that Zimbabwe has more cricket, but why go all that way to play just 2 ODI's ?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Robbo wrote:The ECB know that games against Zimbabwe would not make much money, therefore hide behind the political argument. It's a convenience for them. Also England is the dominant nation within the UK in terms of population and politics, and games against Zim would by some warped logic of politicians, be seen to be giving credence to the Mugabe regime.

What if at some future point, there is a regime change in Zimbabwe? What argument will England have then?

Great that Zimbabwe has more cricket, but why go all that way to play just 2 ODI's ?
It may well be that England will be only too happy to play Zim once Mugabe is dead and gone, but then who will replace him, another Mugabe?

Like you I'm also wondering why Zim would go all the way to Scotland for 2 one day matches, perhaps there is more news to follow

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Why would we bother travelling all that way for 2 ODI's ??? Honestly what other cricket do both countries have on ?

Should have been 5-7 match series .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, we should also be getting confirmation on some List A matches vs the Dutch in the same trip if Taibu is to be believed. At least that is what he was saying on commentary in the 5th ODI against the Afghans. This tour is also happening while we are on the way to Sri Lanka, and not a standalone trip (again, according to previous reports). To get match practice under the belt before the SL series. Although I have got no idea how playing in Scotland and Netherlands would help us in acclimatizing to the SL conditions...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I read an article where Mukuhlani was saying the world cup qualifiers might be held in Scotland and that they want to get a feel of the conditions.

strange that there is no mention of Ireland there.would only make sense to include them instead of the Netherlands.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Its to get a feel for the conditions as well as perhaps scout the opposition before the WCQs. I thought a series against Ireland would also be in the offing, but I guess ZC doesn't want to risk losing points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)