(Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: (Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Post by zimfan1 »

Tuskers are live streaming their logan cup match on twitter :o

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Is Nathan Waller bowling that good? Catch, bowled, catch behind, bowled.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

tawac wrote:Is Nathan Waller bowling that good? Catch, bowled, catch behind, bowled.
Accurate. Also stupid batting.

And good for Tuskers' live streaming. Progress.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimfan1 wrote:Tuskers are live streaming their logan cup match on twitter :o
That's outstanding! And BAC doesn't look too bad as well.

And MidWest Rhinos, massive thank you for all your ringside insights. Always great to know more than just the Cricinfo stats.

Two 5-fors for Nathan Waller. He is a sureshot for the UK tour now. Let's face it. Cremer at 5 is a little too high for him even in Logan Cup.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

At least N Mpofu showed that someone in Zimbabwe can occupy the crease.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

MidWest Rhinos wrote:
Jemisi wrote:Cremer moves past Strang into 5th place for most FC wickets by a Zimbabwean.
I told him what you said and you've made his day! But by my count he's third behind Steak and Price isn't he? Who else was there?
CrimsonAvenger wrote:Anyone joining me on the #KaitanoMania bandwagon? :)
He's looking very good. Decent technique and looks to have some grit about him.

And on the stroke of tea we lose one.

Kaitano was looking very good but for one problem. When he was playing Khan off the front foot he had no problems but when he started going back, all of a sudden it was like he was facing a different bowler. So when he played a few deliveries off the back foot the LBW was inevitable. Not nearly short enough to be on the back foot. Result is dragging himself off the field.

Sorry - Should have been more clear - FC stats are murkier than internationals because of definition issues. For the record, I count the Rhodesians and Zimbabweans together (Unless the Rhodesians were SA or England or NZ or whatever internationals - so no Hick, no Procter, no de Grandhomme etc.) Arguments can be made for different players which is why it seems so jolly hard to collect lists of FC stats for each nation.

So my list is

Paddy Clift - 876
Curran - 605
Streak - 499
Price 416
Cremer - 325*
P Strang - 324

So Cremer could be fourth if you just include players for Zimbabwe.

Thanks for passing on the news to the Man, MWR, give him my best.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:FC stats are murkier than internationals because of definition issues. For the record, I count the Rhodesians and Zimbabweans together (Unless the Rhodesians were SA or England or NZ or whatever internationals - so no Hick, no Procter, no de Grandhomme etc.)
Looks like a very reasonable way of looking at Zim FC stats. Meaningful.

Also, do we have a yearly breakup of Cremer's FC wickets? May be cricket_22001 might have maintained these details? Or Jemisi? I'm guessing he would have taken a lot of wickets in the "dark ages" where we did not have much details of how the matches went about - 2005 to 2008 kind of era (Cremer's 178 and Dabengwa's 7 wickets for 1 run...)? Not to judge or anything - just to know how much he has played over the years domestically. He's been around since 2003-04 but had gone away a couple of times, so just curious...

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Five Provincial Teams from next season which means one team will take rest in every round, as four teams will play in each round which looks like a joke. Odd number of teams creates such odd occurance, better to introduce another team,the sixth one which will make everyone engaged and make the tournament exciting one
Robo to rule :oops:

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Jemisi wrote:FC stats are murkier than internationals because of definition issues. For the record, I count the Rhodesians and Zimbabweans together (Unless the Rhodesians were SA or England or NZ or whatever internationals - so no Hick, no Procter, no de Grandhomme etc.)

Also, do we have a yearly breakup of Cremer's FC wickets? May be cricket_22001 might have maintained these details? Or Jemisi? I'm guessing he would have taken a lot of wickets in the "dark ages" where we did not have much details of how the matches went about - 2005 to 2008 kind of era (Cremer's 178 and Dabengwa's 7 wickets for 1 run...)? Not to judge or anything - just to know how much he has played over the years domestically. He's been around since 2003-04 but had gone away a couple of times, so just curious...
Thanks. I don't have precise stats from each calendar year but I will try and sort out what I have and from when. Maybe I'll make a new thread?

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Jemisi wrote:
CrimsonAvenger wrote:

Thanks. I don't have precise stats from each calendar year but I will try and sort out what I have and from when. Maybe I'll make a new thread?
Cricketarchive offer season-by-season stats--if anyone wants to fork out 50 quid p.a. to reach through the pay wall, that is.