(Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: (Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, things have become harder since that shock!

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Malcolm Lake, Kieran Geyle, Shaun Snyder, Kyle Hopper had skills. Zim need them.
Robo to rule :oops:

MidWest Rhinos
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Jemisi wrote:
Sorry - Should have been more clear - FC stats are murkier than internationals because of definition issues. For the record, I count the Rhodesians and Zimbabweans together (Unless the Rhodesians were SA or England or NZ or whatever internationals - so no Hick, no Procter, no de Grandhomme etc.) Arguments can be made for different players which is why it seems so jolly hard to collect lists of FC stats for each nation.

So my list is

Paddy Clift - 876
Curran - 605
Streak - 499
Price 416
Cremer - 325*
P Strang - 324

So Cremer could be fourth if you just include players for Zimbabwe.

Thanks for passing on the news to the Man, MWR, give him my best.
Thanks for that Jemisi. Interestingly, John Ward had both Clift and Curran but discounted them for the same reason I did. Of course this, as you point out, is the reason why
compiling these kind of stats is difficult. Should we argue that Streak shouldn't count because of his wickets in County cricket? There are so many ways of looking at it! But please keep it coming, if there are similar milestones I'll pass them onto the players. In reality it doesn't make much difference being 3rd or 5th, Cremer has just happy to be past Strang.

Perhaps off topic but is anyone else hacked off with Cricket Archive? I don't see it ending well for them.

On topic: It's a beautiful day in Kwekwe, Robin Brown is not quite the happy man he was yesterday afternoon and is concerned that a 100 run lead might not be enough because chasing 150 will be a serious ask. If we can get a lead of 100 and only need to chase 100 then we're in with a shout. The way the ball turned yesterday before lunch would suggest Cremer will do well so if they score 200 then we've bowled badly. Will keep you informed throughout the day.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

MidWest Rhinos wrote:Perhaps off topic but is anyone else hacked off with Cricket Archive? I don't see it ending well for them.
Agree.
MidWest Rhinos wrote:Will keep you informed throughout the day.
Thank you. Looking forward to that again...

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

So a lead of 103.

I'm not sure if I agreed with the Eagles tactics. From ball one they were giving Madziva a single so they could get Mike on strike to attack him. Madziva wouldn't take it though so there were relatively few balls at Mike. They essentially allowed him to play himself in. Two guys new to the crease essentially,why not attack both. We were handed those runs on a plate.

Of course it was going well until Mike was trapped in front. We go in with a lead of 103 which if they aren't 7 or 8 down by the time they reach it will be a disappointment given our bowlers and especially Neville who'll be buoyed by his innings. Crossing that 3 digit lead is huge.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

MWR,

What happened with James Bruce? Is he still around?

Thanks

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

ZIMFAN wrote:MWR,

What happened with James Bruce? Is he still around?

Thanks
A nasty case of ingrowing toe nail. Apparently it is quite severe and there was talk of having the nail removed. I'm not sure what the latest is but he'd be in the first xi if he were fit. Left armers are always premium.

Eagles 3 for 1 as Mike bowls a full straight ball and the finger went up straight away. There's been about 3 LBW shouts already. Mike still roaring in.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Gumbie gets a pair sad for the young really looked like he was picking up his game.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

MWR, any first hand thoughts on former Rhinos folks like Ronnie Chokununga, Bright Njanji and Kuda Bhasikoro? Are they in contention still or have disappeared from the game? Do they have it in them to make it big?

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

No, they are probably all but done. Of the three Kuda is probably not quite as far away but I doubt we'll see them back again. We have good young batsmen so Ronnie is not likely and technically he hasn't fixed his flaws. I'm not sure about Bright, I think he still treads the club boards but I'm not involved with that anymore so I'm not sure. Kuda and also the other one, Munyede, are competing with Chisoro so it's tough for them to break in, especially when there's Cremer, Chisoro and now Mavuta.

There's been more LBW shouts. All in vain. Mike and Neville have been bowling good lines and lengths with only the occasional stray down leg. The issue is that they were successful yesterday morning with the aggressive short ball so it seems they are trying too hard to get a wicket rather than doing what made them so successful yesterday. Bounce them, bombard them and then throw in a fuller one.

At drinks Eagles 12/2 as Mayavo takes a strangle down leg side off Neville. Umpires finger was up before the appeal had even started. Carl bowled the one over and went hostile to Raza who didn't look comfortable. Could be an interesting spell from Carl who was bounced when he batted so maybe it's time for payback.