(Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: (Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Post by zimfan1 »

This Mountaineers side is very experience, some may say too experienced as it is very difficult for any youngsters, in particular batsman to break into the side. They should be dominating a very young but promising Tuskers.

Mutizwas average ticks over 40, not sure how, he has hardly scored any runs over the last three seasons.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimfan1 wrote:Mutizwas average ticks over 40, not sure how, he has hardly scored any runs over the last three seasons.
Hopefully cricket_22001 and his cricketarchive subscription to the rescue again for the seasonwise stats? Indeed Mutizwa's is an intriguing case...

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

MidWest Rhinos wrote:
Jemisi wrote:
Sorry - Should have been more clear - FC stats are murkier than internationals because of definition issues. For the record, I count the Rhodesians and Zimbabweans together (Unless the Rhodesians were SA or England or NZ or whatever internationals - so no Hick, no Procter, no de Grandhomme etc.) Arguments can be made for different players which is why it seems so jolly hard to collect lists of FC stats for each nation.

So my list is

Paddy Clift - 876
Curran - 605
Streak - 499
Price 416
Cremer - 325*
P Strang - 324

So Cremer could be fourth if you just include players for Zimbabwe.

Thanks for passing on the news to the Man, MWR, give him my best.
Thanks for that Jemisi. Interestingly, John Ward had both Clift and Curran but discounted them for the same reason I did. Of course this, as you point out, is the reason why
compiling these kind of stats is difficult. Should we argue that Streak shouldn't count because of his wickets in County cricket? There are so many ways of looking at it! But please keep it coming, if there are similar milestones I'll pass them onto the players. In reality it doesn't make much difference being 3rd or 5th, Cremer has just happy to be past Strang.

Perhaps off topic but is anyone else hacked off with Cricket Archive? I don't see it ending well for them.

On topic: It's a beautiful day in Kwekwe, Robin Brown is not quite the happy man he was yesterday afternoon and is concerned that a 100 run lead might not be enough because chasing 150 will be a serious ask. If we can get a lead of 100 and only need to chase 100 then we're in with a shout. The way the ball turned yesterday before lunch would suggest Cremer will do well so if they score 200 then we've bowled badly. Will keep you informed throughout the day.
I know John Ward keeps stats made for Zimbabwean teams. Logan Cup/Zim A/Zim combined. Cricket_22001 keeps pure Logan Cup stats which are both good systems.

I want to know career totals and that is why I use the criteria I do. Davison made most of his runs in England and Australia but as an international he was Rhodesian. So I count him. I wouldn't count him as English or Australian and it seems crazy to not count him anywhere.

Maybe we should start a stats thread for those interested, maybe even include a quiz? cricket_22001? Crimson?

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:Maybe we should start a stats thread for those interested, maybe even include a quiz? cricket_22001? Crimson?
Not a bad idea. Start that right away!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So a hard fought win for the Manicas. Thanks largely to the efforts of Tiripano and Mutizwa. At least a good contest that went deep into the fourth day.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Wickets shared all around the attack :)