(Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

(Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Post by Train Driver »

Tomorrow, the 4th, is the theoretical start date for the next round of matches, anyone heard if a start is likely?

MidWest Rhinos

Re: (Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

We are all ready to go. Some changes for tomorrow though. Kaitano, Mayavo, Chinouya and Cremer all in.
PJ is in the UK receiving his MCC membership, Prince is still out after his little clonk on the head, Chisoro and Panyangara not coming. To my knowledge, not for fitness or cricketing reasons.

As always there's an issue before the game with a youngster who, despite having a contract, doesn't want to part with the $7 it would cost to get to Kwekwe. Given short shrift and told to move his backside.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Thanks MWR, matches due to start on the correct day :shock: whatever next ........

I guess PJ won't be missed much with the form he's been in lately and it's good to see Sir Graeme playing of course, I'm intrigued by the $7 guy though, a youngster, on a contract, mean with his cash, told to get a move on, it's Malcolm Waller isn't it

:lol:

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Train Driver wrote:I'm intrigued by the $7 guy though, a youngster, on a contract, mean with his cash, told to get a move on, it's Malcolm Waller isn't it

:lol:
:D :lol: Haha no! I'm sure he'd be the first to say he isn't a youngster! Also he's smart enough to hitch a ride with cremes.

So Robin, Cremer and Maru in a car together, it sounds like the start to a bad joke!

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Taibu should think of adding Rising Star Academy & another franchise with these four teams. Present system of league with just four playing 3 times with each looks booring
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

he recently said he has plans of adding the academy side as a 5th side after their 6 month tour of the UK

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

MidWest Rhinos wrote:So Robin, Cremer and Maru in a car together, it sounds like the start to a bad joke!
Yeah, fits in well with the screenplay of "Brown Uncertainty": http://zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 13#p100413

Brown is flying at 120 kph on the bumpy road from Harare to KSC with Cremer and Waller for company, and at Chegutu, they are stopped by the wicked Takemore Moroni and his men. "Haha! you're not going to make it to the ground on time you pesky Rhinos! The match is already with Eagles. But since I'm feeling a little generous today, and I'll only let one of you to pass - the one who can explain why you need to be there, for an Eagles win, of course" says Moroni.

While Brown is thinking on his feet to ensure he gets picked to go (he knows his nous is most important for his team to succeed), Malcolm jumps the gun as usual, and blurts out this "I'm the guy who saves the day for Rhinos, but not all the way. I Score 50s and 100s when the team is invariably 40/4, but others don't do enough around me and we lose. So, Eagles would win anyway, and I get selected to the national team, to throw it all away once I'm there. Its a win-win. I get to fill the white quota in the national squad too, and you get your Eagles win"! "Impressive", says Moroni and turns to Brown.

"Look, it might rain, you might have a curtailed match. For all you know, Mayavo might stick around for far too many deliveries and deny you a win. Every minute counts. I'm not just a coach, I have been a curator too. I can help get the match going with little time lost so that the Eagles have all the time in the world to stomp on the Rhinos". Now Moroni is confused, but hopes Cremer can help him decide.

"Um... I don't know", says Cremer with his usual nonchalance, but gets an idea right away (although not inline with his nature) and continues: "Nyathi will be skipper if I don't go. Train Driver and CrimsonAvenger would run amok on ZCF if that happens. Midwest Rhinos and gargamel will make usual noises too. Googly would write another of his premature obituaries of the local cricket scene..." "Oh Stop! The horror", screams Moroni and says "to hell with the Eagles, you go there skip. It's a no-brainer - just like you" as he takes Waller and Brown hostage...

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

I...don't....even....umm....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On another note, Rhinos fielding!

That is definitely a movie that should be made!!

And Tommy Lee Jones as Robin, genius!

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Chinouya bowling with steam as he finds the inside edge and chop on. He's out there with something to prove and getting some good carry when he's not bowling a full length. It's great to watch, definitely some of the quickest deliveries I've seen this season from anyone.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Hmm, Chigumbura at 3! In a 4 dayer! And he goes. Thank goodness.