(Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: (Logan Cup) Rhinos v Eagles & Mountaineers v Tuskers

Post by Ming »

...and out.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

MidWest Rhinos
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Rhinos with but 9 runs to win.

Stunning display of bowling. It was looking dicey at one point when the middle order were starting to look comfortable but as soon as Waller edged Mavuta to slip it was game over. Mavuta bowled well for his 3, a lot of turn but he'll need to watch his control. Chigumbura played a lazy pull that he bottom edged onto his stumps, Mutomobodzi also played a lazy pull that went straight to Nyathi in the deep. Garwe was the best of the wickets, a ball pitched on off, misses the sweeping bat and cannons into the top of middle. Great leg break bowling.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Anyone know the odds on an Eagles win?

;)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Good for Rhinos but an FC match getting over in less than 5 sessions is a massive disaster.

The other match just got interesting...

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Rhinos romp home to win by nine wickets! The first home win for a looong time.

Mavuta attempted to end it very quickly with a crunching loft over cover and then a slog sweep to cow but foolishly tried a reverse sweep that took the edge to slip. Kaitano looked set to follow in the next over by playing and missing, nearly being stumped but the keeper missed the stumps and then found an edge for a single, even though they tried to run for three. Don't ask me.

In all, some terrible and atrocious cricket, some outstanding but truly entertaining. Perhaps we are the new Calypso Cricket Kings.

Crimson, as far as ZC is concerned this is the complete opposite of a massive disaster. Of course you are right it is massive and as I pointed out earlier, how can a team score 195 and then nearly win by an innings? I ain't complaining though.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
ZIMFAN wrote:MWR,

What happened with James Bruce? Is he still around?

Thanks
Happy to see you back ZIMFAN!
Thanks Crimson

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

How can the Mountaineers with such a strong squad justify losing to the depleted Tuskers?

Ming

Post by Ming »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:How can the Mountaineers with such a strong squad justify losing to the depleted Tuskers?
Hami is out of form, and Fozzie hasn't been playing to his potential for years now.

That's two players who should score a minimum of 100 runs between them per innings, who aren't.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:How can the Mountaineers with such a strong squad justify losing to the depleted Tuskers?
Have they Lost?? Great to see Foster scoring runs again. Perhaps he can make a come back to the middle order for the national team. Cremer was scoring runs now Tiripano. Who needs batsman in such a case.

mawoyo
kunje
vitori
madziva
cremer
tiripano
Nathan
mutizwa(wk)
wasakadza
chinouya
mpofu
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Well, it's game on thanks to the Don's 70, and Forster is still there with the lead around 180 now.

No better lower order batsman when the going gets tough than Donald Tiripano! :)