Zimbabwe Cricket Stats Quiz

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe Cricket Stats Quiz

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Alright, let me go with one of my favorites again. Raymond William Price with 49 as the top score (just like Mupariwa) but over a thousand runs. No research done here, hoping Price becomes the answer for one of these questions :)

Awesome questions, by the way!

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Awesome questions, by the way!
Absolutely!

And the pace you keep firing them, Jemisi, is just as awesome. Compared to the photo quiz this is T20 style quizzing :)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

foreignfield wrote:
CrimsonAvenger wrote:Awesome questions, by the way!
Absolutely!

And the pace you keep firing them, Jemisi, is just as awesome. Compared to the photo quiz this is T20 style quizzing :)
Cheers fellas, I have to go away next week, so wanted to get things up and running.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

cricket_22001 wrote:I'll say Tawanda Mupariwa. But I seem to research to deeply & miss the bleeding obvious.
Sorry, close but not there. You'll get on the board soon mate.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Alright, let me go with one of my favorites again. Raymond William Price with 49 as the top score (just like Mupariwa) but over a thousand runs. No research done here, hoping Price becomes the answer for one of these questions :)

Awesome questions, by the way!
Indeed! I wanted to get him in without an obviously spin friendly question.

1056 List A runs from Ray but one short of a fifty as his highest.

foreignfield, CrimsonAvenger : 4
rusty17 : 2
MidWest Rhinos, eugene : 1

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Okay, we are back to bowlers and FC cricket.

13. Kevin Curran is the only Rhodesian/Zimbabwean to achieve 4 ten wicket matches in his career. Name all the bowlers that have managed 3.

If you are quick and get all of them bar one, I will give a half point. (Because what is a stats quiz without decimal points?) And I will give half a point to someone who stands on those shoulders.

Or you could just get all of them up front and take the whole point for yourself.

Also whilst searching if you find any guys with two that might help down the road a bit.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
eugene wrote:Sean Williams took 7-25 playing for Brothers Union in Bangladesh I believe.
That was a few seasons ago. I remember it because I think 5 of his 7 victims were fellow Zim batters!
There were only 3 Zimbos in the entire batting line-up. Vusi, Hamilton and Raza. But yes he got all 3 of them.
Jemisi wrote:If you are quick and get all of them bar one, I will give a half point. (Because what is a stats quiz without decimal points?) And I will give half a point to someone who stands on those shoulders.
:D Good!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I was sure of our spin wizards, but on checking, realized Jarvis Senior makes it too. May be his son can join him this season. Also, I realized that I was wrong about a couple of others. So, lets see if this work helps me with a 0.5, or at least helps someone else to get the first part of 0.5...

Zimbos with 3 10 wicket hauls: Paul Strang, Ray Price, Graeme Cremer, Malcolm Jarvis

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Adding to CrimsonAvenger's four, I'll include Peter Rawson.

But also Joe Partridge & Percy Mansell (who has 5 ten wicket hauls). Are they included?

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

cricket_22001 wrote:But also Joe Partridge & Percy Mansell (who has 5 ten wicket hauls). Are they included?
I guess those two and Mike Procter (with 15 10 wicket hauls) don't count as they have played tests for SA (not Rhodesian / Zimbabwean any more by Jemisi's definition).