Zimbabwe Cricket Stats Quiz

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Zimbabwe Cricket Stats Quiz

Post by Jemisi »

Some milestones amidst last night's gloom -

200 International Wickets for Cremer - 2nd only to Streak. This is a stat that underlines the Giant that Streak is in Zim Bowling. After more than a decade after his retirement our nearest leading wicket taker still hasn't made it half way to Heath's tally.

100 International Wickets for Chatara. It is good to have him back in the team and getting regular poles.

4000 List A runs for Raza. His consistency lately continues to prove my old self wrong.

And from the other night -

100 List A wickets for Vitori - I thought he might be stuck on 99 for ever but he has made it there with his chucking reprieve.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Blessign has now played 9 ODIs--and 9 List A matches in all. Is that some sort of record?

I reckon such runs were not uncommon when sides without ODI status made the earlier editions of the World Cups; but 9 matches sounds like an unusually long stretch.

I wanted to post a question about this on cricinfo, but "Ask Steven" now requires me to sell my soul to Mark Zuckerberg first. Maybe someonewho has already sold his wants to pose it instead ;)
Blessing Muzarabani today played his 9th ODI match for Zimbabwe--which is also the total number of List A matches he has played. What is the record number of ODIs someone has taken part in before playing his first List A match which isn't an ODI?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Craig Ervine went pass 2000 ODI runs
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

foreignfield wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:17 pm
Blessign has now played 9 ODIs--and 9 List A matches in all. Is that some sort of record?

I reckon such runs were not uncommon when sides without ODI status made the earlier editions of the World Cups; but 9 matches sounds like an unusually long stretch.

I wanted to post a question about this on cricinfo, but "Ask Steven" now requires me to sell my soul to Mark Zuckerberg first. Maybe someonewho has already sold his wants to pose it instead ;)
Blessing Muzarabani today played his 9th ODI match for Zimbabwe--which is also the total number of List A matches he has played. What is the record number of ODIs someone has taken part in before playing his first List A match which isn't an ODI?
That is a good question - and with his run extending to 14 now it's even more likely a record

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:35 am
foreignfield wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:17 pm

That is a good question - and with his run extending to 14 now it's even more likely a record
Considering the Pro50 championship doesn’t look like it’s restarting this season he’ll likely extend his tally with ODI matches v Pakistan and South Africa scheduled

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

44 of Rashid Khan's 46 List A matches have been ODIs! And one of those two non-ODIs was against Nepal in the WCQ. When did he play the other non-ODI list A? May be he is a close contender for Muzarabani in this.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

:shock: Well it must likely have been against a similar team in the Afghans rise through the divisions.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:30 am
:shock: Well it must likely have been against a similar team in the Afghans rise through the divisions.
Hmmm very interesting, Afghanistan already had ODI status when he debuted and he didn’t play in the last qualifiers!!!!

Maybe a domestic List A game?

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:42 am
Jemisi wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:30 am
Hmmm very interesting, Afghanistan already had ODI status when he debuted and he didn’t play in the last qualifiers!!!!

Maybe a domestic List A game?
Most likely. What we need to figure out now is, when he played that match, and is he a competitor to Blessing's streak...

Blessing's streak is due to Streak's blessing. LOL

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

;)