Breaking - ZC appoints new MD

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Breaking - ZC appoints new MD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Very promising stuff.

I agree with BRMT, any change cannot be worse than the status quo. Also the ZC cutting their own salaries can't be a coincidence.

CA makes a good observation and here is my answer for why the ICC is treading quietly here...the ICC is just as complicit as ZC with whatever has been going on because they knew all along and allowed it for 15 years. They could have suspended ZC years ago but kept them around for the votes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Although I have no idea who this man is I feel this is a good idea :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ricky

Post by ricky »

Zim board was not ready for the changes, but were forced to do so after they were told they might be suspended like USA board if they dont clean the mess and do as ICC wants. Even, BCCI and ICC thinks this zim last chance. BCCI also no longer dependent on Zim votes after Afghanistan and Ireland gets test status.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Ireland and Afghanistan will effectively cancel each other out in terms of votes if they become full members..Ireland towards Australia/England and Afghanistan towards India. politically I think we are in a good position.

this is definitely the ICC pushing for change. definitely a step in the right direction. even the cutting of salaries was now clearly not a coincidence. this is the change we need.the admin will be held accountable for the first time in decades. as for foreign players I hope it .akes a difference because I have always thought someone like Taylor was paid quite well when he was around. now if we have a stable admin and a clear fixture list from the ICC we can then have players seeing a long term future

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

What votes ?
Votes for what?

How do we know who is going to vote for what and for what issue?

Sounds like all a myth to me.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Our erstwhile leaders would rather be at the top of a dungheap than half way up a mountain. This new guy is under control.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

The global cricket fans feel sad for Zimbabwe cricket and aware that it's mismanaged and there's definitely mess. Plus talent drain.

Look at Afghanistan, it's so pleasing to see them doing really well & producing players like Rashid Khan & Mohammad Nabi. Bangladesh has developed a better infrastructure with foreign experts and coaches and they have started to win more matches than ever before.