Series Thread: Zim A tour of Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Series Thread: Zim A tour of Namibia

Post by sloandog »

Good win today. Nathan Waller solidifying his already strong position as the next up and coming bowling allrounder.
Moor with a good knock as well. Plenty of 6's and 4's, but far too many dot balls; needs working on.

Maruma as well chipping in with an explosive 58. Good on him.
Overall a good performance from the boys. Maybe try and push on with the bat more in the next game. But lots of positives.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

There's a lot of negative comments about the squad picked but I will ask the question, how many you guys are still around? I suppose most have gone to Europe for the summer?

At least there is some cricket to talk about .......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

A constant moan on this forum was ' not enough A team cricket' . Now we are playing a fair bit. Namibia are a reasonable outfit, so this is a useful tour, for guys who may be in or around the full team. Despite a couple of odd inclusions, the squad is a pretty good one.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The one and only grump I had about the squad was the inclusion of Maruma, but he's scored a match winning 58*, so I can't complain.

I'm particularly excited to see Nathan Waller taking wickets; we need another bowling all-rounder and he's doing his chances absolutely no harm here at all!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I will say though this might have been a good chance to throw James Bruce in just to see how serious he is about playing for Zim ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm
I will say though this might have been a good chance to throw James Bruce in just to see how serious he is about playing for Zim ......

True, that would have been a great idea

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Nice to see Zimbabwe getting an upset victory against Namibia.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Would be interesting to see the XIs that take the field on the May 6th round of the Logan Cup. With the A team and the rising stars away, and who knows about Mash West folks... Could be in for some mass debuts, or strange cancellations.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 am
Would be interesting to see the XIs that take the field on the May 6th round of the Logan Cup. With the A team and the rising stars away, and who knows about Mash West folks... Could be in for some mass debuts, or strange cancellations.
Does anyone know whether this ZCRSA thing is actually happening or is it another dreamworld?

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm
Who is he and whats he done to earn a call up. Oh yah his white.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'