Series Thread: Zim A tour of Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Series Thread: Zim A tour of Namibia

Post by tawac »

Lots of moaning and such a negative vibe. I wonder where the real supports are sitting. A win is win and the team pulled it off, kudos to them. Great bowling effort to defend 236. Chitara proving ever so consistent Waller making no harm to his cause for a national spot. Don't know about Maruma good effort no doubt but one would always feel he is not the real deal.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Train Driver wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 am
Does anyone know whether this ZCRSA thing is actually happening or is it another dreamworld?
They have already had a net session at UK according to Twitter feeds.
tawac wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 am
Chitara proving ever so consistent
And that is the most important aspect of this tour. Getting game time into Chatara. He must be fit and firing as he is the only real good quality pacer we have.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm
I will say though this might have been a good chance to throw James Bruce in just to see how serious he is about playing for Zim ......
Who is he and whats he done to earn a call up. Oh yah his white.
Relax mate it's not like there a lot of guys putting up great numbers so someone who shows a glimpse of promise gets his name in the conversation .....

I'll ask you a question what's better picking Bruce who has limited matches or someone like Maruma who has proved time after time he is not an international player ?

Plus Ngarava had done nothing before he was selected don't see you complaining about that ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

1-100 after 20 overs much better start, Chamu and Chari solid start now Chamu past 50 and Regis off and going .....

http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 95282.html

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Brian Chari is useless can't even score against weakest associates. Time to think of Kunje, who is in superb form.

tawac

Post by tawac »

I would have reckoned Namibia to be a half decent side with most of its personal being classified as South Africans and also playing their first class in SA but then again its a minority sport. I wonder why we don't play them more often even games against Kenya seem to have disappeared. Putting good performances in national colours could well be a confidence booster to our youngsters.

Great effort from the batsman all around. Nice opening stand between Chari/Chibhabha though somewhat pedestrian it set up the game nicely. 240/6 from 45overs would not be a bad score. Now up to the bowlers.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Don't know what the Zim Bowlers had for lunch, my word what an effort. 65/7

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

our player pool us definitely the smallest. this squad was actually picked because there is nobody else with that unnecessary Singapore tour and the kids supposed to be travelling for the academy. this coming weeks logan cup round should be postponed by a few days at least.

on to the actual matches Namibia look like a weak outfit but any game time is worth it. Chari has shown he is struggling and needs some time out of the national setup.i think Kunje has a uk club.

there is also the case of chibhabha who has lost his starting place recently. he consistently scores 20s and 30s and gets a few 50s here and there but he rarely scores big. he has natural swing but he barely puts any effort in (laziest run up i have ever seen) so he is stuck in the 120s. he is just one of those players i feel could contribute a lot more with more training and effort to fight his spin demons and bowl faster. unfortunately time isnt on his side.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

It's good to see these guys get some match practice, but what will the outcomes be selection wise from the tour?

Bring back Chamu and Regis ??

Chatara bowling well ?? ( We knew this after the AFG series )

Nathan & Wellington due a call up??

Maybe I'm too pessimistic at least the boys are playing ......

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Nathan Waller has to be selected. He's evidently more of a bowler, but with a county 2's century (in rocket time), it's obvious the man can bat. He's probably a number 8/9 in the national side, perhaps with the flexibility of going up the order to take advantage of the powerplay if needed.
In Waller, we at least have a very accurate, penetrative bowler in the ODI side, at a minimum. Like Meth, his lack of pace might well be suited to the longer version of the game, and he adds some versatility and six hitting to the batting line up. Moor is the only other guy I can think of who can genuinely clear the ropes. Malcolm Waller has done it domestically but when has he ever done it on the national stage..