Logan Cup round 8: EGL v MNT & RHN v TSK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup round 8: EGL v MNT & RHN v TSK

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Chigumbura scoring runs is not a good thing...

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Good efforts for Rhinos from Maruma, Mayavo, Madziva and Chapungu, especially with Masvaure, Waller and Nyathi (as usual) failing, personally I'd like to see Madziva given a try out further up the order to see if he could make a worthwhile all rounder, you have to give Chris Mpofu credit for never giving up, 240 wickets now and taking 5 of the top 6 today, shame for Zim that he's the wrong side of 30 now

jward

Post by jward »

tawac wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 9:03 am
Njabulo Ncube makes anorher come back. Cremer and company seem to be back from Singapore. Where is Ervine he is surely a doubt for the up coming out tours. Hope Kunje has a good outing he should be in the A side.
Craig Ervine has a nagging injury - his back, if I remember correctly.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Train Driver wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 7:46 am
Jemisi wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 1:23 am
Tichaona
gesundheit
danke

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Jemisi wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 4:56 am
Train Driver wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 7:46 am
Jemisi wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 1:23 am
Tichaona
gesundheit
danke
Mon plaisir Monsieur Jemisi

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Tuskers in trouble at lunch, 89-6 with Handirisi scoring 57, Chinouya 3-22,Madziva 2-21, Cremer 1-15, the back stabbing turncoat Williams making a miserable 5 against the superb bowling attack he should have stayed with 8-)

In Harare Mountaineers are setting the scoreboard on fire at 50-3 from 27.5 overs

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

CB Mpofu out for 37 from 130balls wht an effort. and he took a 5 fer in the first innings. Definitely makes the squad for the Sri Lanka tour.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jward wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 9:57 pm
Craig Ervine has a nagging injury - his back, if I remember correctly.
Our best player of the last season would be seriously under-cooked for the upcoming overseas season. Very very scary to even imagine.

Other obvious observations:

1. What is William Mashinge doing here instead of being in the UK with the rising stars (he's probably playing better quality cricket here anyway)?
2. Charles Kunje was still in Zim and not playing club cricket in the UK. So, did the selectors think he was not yet ready for Zim A after his very consistent show this season?
3. Is this the second coming of Kevin Kasuza?
4. Mpofu was impressive in this round, shows still the lesser experienced guys have a lot to learn. But he hasn't bowled in the second dig. Is this a cause for concern?
5. No bowling by Williams. Another huge question mark.
6. Is Shingi completely neglected from the radar? His returns have improved as the season has progressed and looks pretty impressive. He was always a long format guy...

Ming

Post by Ming »

Mpofu's on fire this morning. 5 overs, 5 maidens, 2 wickets...
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

I think Zim is at a stage were we need the best team available playing i.e results. If players like Mpofu Chigumbura are inform surely they would deserve a look in. No one can fault Mpofu and if he is selected it wont be because he is one of Streaks byo boys. He is putting the work in.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'