Logan Cup round 8: EGL v MNT & RHN v TSK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: Logan Cup round 8: EGL v MNT & RHN v TSK

Post by Flakeman »

Guys the fact that B. Timoni is playing Franchise cricket at his fathers' team is gobsmacking even by Zim standards. The kid wouldnt even make a top tier school 1st team side. That is unbelievable.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Each team has one debutant each in this round and only the Manica rookie Clive Chitumba has caught the eye with 6 wickets so far, 3 catches and 20 battling first innings runs. Timoni for Eagles, Musekwa for Tuskers and Chingwara for Rhinos not really doing much for the time being.

So, after Ronald Timoni, Brendon gets a game too, under his father? I'm not in the best position to assess whether that is a deserving debut, but there is definite conflict of interest there that could have been avoided.

Also, was no current U19 player available for selection given that the matches had first 2 days happening over the weekend? A Mazhawidza or a Roche would have been a great debut to try out...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Sean Williams with scores of 5 and 2. Shows that every player should participate in the domestic games and not play 2 or 3 a year. You can't replicate match practice in any net session. The pressure is just different. Its unbelievable that Brian Chari and Williams have both played 52 first class games considering the gulf in class and age and career trajectories. Even though we had our test hiatus this still shows Williams misses a lot of games.The senior players need to play more

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Forgive my ignorance but surely 275 can be chased down in a days cricket in Zim?

What are the Mountaineers doing?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

ljriley90 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 1:00 pm
Forgive my ignorance but surely 275 can be chased down in a days cricket in Zim?

What are the Mountaineers doing?
Looks like they wanted to play safe being the table toppers, especially because they are probably a batsman down with no sign of Kevin Kasuza coming out to bat.

But they can still give it one final dash now. Sauramba is known for his big shots...

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Yeah sorry I've checked the table in the mean time.

Logan Cup is there's right? Is it 7 Points for a maximum win so can't be caught?

rupeni
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by rupeni »

Flakeman wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm
Guys the fact that B. Timoni is playing Franchise cricket at his fathers' team is gobsmacking even by Zim standards. The kid wouldnt even make a top tier school 1st team side. That is unbelievable.
Hello Forumites. Been away in Burundi.. Back in Zimbabwe now. Well this is shocking to say the least. Brandon Timoni plays 2nd league cricket but it's not shocking as his father is the coach and is not liked by any of the cricketers. Maunze is a good batsman and he's a decent lad. He won't disappoint you.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Can someone refresh my memory of the points system this season?

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Jemisi wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:32 am
1pt for 1st-innings lead, 6pts for a win (they stack, so 7pts on offer for the match)
2pts each for a draw / abandonment; also stacks with the 1pt for 1st-innings lead if there's been enough play.

Looks like Tuskers have a 5pt deduction for a forfeit in round 1.

MidWest Rhinos
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

maehara wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 9:25 am
Jemisi wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:32 am
1pt for 1st-innings lead, 6pts for a win (they stack, so 7pts on offer for the match)
2pts each for a draw / abandonment; also stacks with the 1pt for 1st-innings lead if there's been enough play.

Looks like Tuskers have a 5pt deduction for a forfeit in round 1.
We've also been hit with the penalty, we only got 2 points out of it. An appeal has been lodged but nothing from ZC.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos