Zimbabwe bids to host ICC 2018 World Cup Qualifier

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbabwe bids to host ICC 2018 World Cup Qualifier

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe have made bid to ICC for hosting ICC World Cup Qualifier in 2018, for the 2019, 50 Over World Cup to be held in UK in 2019.

International Cricket Council( ICC ) to shift ICC World Cup Qualifier 2018 from Bangladesh. ICC in 2015 decided, to play 2019 World Cup with 10 teams, that features 8 team from ICC Odi Ranking finishing 1 to 8 by 30th September, 2017 and 2 teams to be decided on finishing 1st & 2nd, based on league system one day game in ICC World Cup Qualifiers.

Qualifiers has been new addition by ICC in the global World Cup events both in T20s & 50 Over World Cup. It was 50 over World Cup back in 2003, when Zimbabwe was joint host along with Kenya and South Africa. It will be a great achievement for Zimbabwe Cricket if, their bids get finalized to be the host of this all important tournament.

Kriterion_BD

Re: Zimbabwe bids to host ICC 2018 World Cup Qualifier

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I hope the ZC is able to bring HSC and Queens up to international standards before an important series such as WCQs. In recent times I think Pakistan and West Indies have some tough luck losing DL decisions with at least the Pakistan game being affected by a lack of floodlights.

I think Scotland and Ireland will fight to keep it in the UK, however. I think the ICC already moved it from Bangladesh to UK. But not sure if that is confirmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene

Post by eugene »

It would be rough for the home fans to endure Zimbabwe failing to qualify for the CWC. Perhaps best to keep it offshore, out of sight, out of mind.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

If Zimbabwe wins the bid to host the qualifiers, then ICC will select all six venues including the venues of first class cricket will feature as the tournament is of Odi format and includes 10 teams, six venues means, it will take lesser time to finish.

Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Mutare Sports Club
Harare Sports Club
Kwekwe Sports Club
Country Club, Harare
Old Hararians

ricky

Post by ricky »

Dont think ICC will allow it to happen in Zim , its likely to be UK.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

ricky wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 11:20 am
Dont think ICC will allow it to happen in Zim , its likely to be UK.

Offcourse Zimbabwe Can get the bid and conduct the tournament
Robo to rule :oops:

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

:W:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 pm
I hope the ZC is able to bring HSC and Queens up to international standards before an important series such as WCQs. In recent times I think Pakistan and West Indies have some tough luck losing DL decisions with at least the Pakistan game being affected by a lack of floodlights.

I think Scotland and Ireland will fight to keep it in the UK, however. I think the ICC already moved it from Bangladesh to UK. But not sure if that is confirmed.
No Floodlights, Poor drainage system & an untalented team... Let UK host it

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 10:26 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 pm

No Floodlights, Poor drainage system & an untalented team... Let UK host it

Its not so great occassion like World Cup that Zimbabwe needs to show floodlight and drainage system. ZC were successful in hosting 2003 World Cup,neglecting the political problem.

Zimbabwe needs to qualify, it will be a big occasion for Zimbabwe with a global competition of 10 teams, ZC might earn some revenue organizing this tournament. Such, tournaments might bring more youths to the game and interest in Cricket may rise, that will be great for future of Zimbabwe

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cri ... 6.html?amp

Sounds like it's not happening which is a shame.

We definitely have the following World Cup qualifier tournament in 2022.

ricky

Post by ricky »

Not going to happen any more as ICC has shifted the qualifier to Ireland and Scotland yesterday.