Logan Cup Round 9: MNT v EGL & RHN v TSK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Logan Cup Round 9: MNT v EGL & RHN v TSK

Post by tawac »

With the A games going on against Canada, I wonder if some of the Under 19 players will get a run around in these games.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup Round 9: MNT v EGL & RHN v TSK

Post by foreignfield »

A couple of unknown names in the Tuskers line-up, but no youngsters by the looks of it.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Mountaineers already won the Logan Cup 2017. These two matches is simply useless.
No under 19s have been picked in any of the four franchises
Robo to rule :oops:

tawac

Post by tawac »

Manson Chikowero is a 17years Old leftie. What's his story is he any good?
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

MidWest Rhinos
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

tawac wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am
Manson Chikowero is a 17years Old leftie. What's his story is he any good?
His brothers, Manners and Jameson all play cricket. Jameson had been knocking on doors but nothing really came of him. Manson is probably the most talented of the lot. He was nervous as hell and you could tell he was a bit overawed by the situation as he kept moving back at backward point. I think he realised that these guys hit the ball a little harder but by moving back, he was then out of position. He is a slow left armer, not left arm fast as Cricinfo says. I haven't seen much of him so I can't comment on his ability but it goes to show the lack of spinning depth we have.

On another note, Tafara has bowled the best today, getting the ball to jump from a length. We are still persisting with the short ball and it's obvious that the batsmen don't like it. Kunje enjoyed a blow to the shoulder as he tried to duck one from Tafara.

A bit about Tafara, I saw him a couple of seasons ago bowl 12 balls in a row as he lost his radar. He really didn't look like he should have been playing cricket at all. Fast forward to the Malaysia tour and the senior guys were saying that he was easily the best bowler. Despite living in Redcliff he comes to KKSC every day, puts his cones out and bowls and bowls. I have never once heard him complain, he just gets on and bowls. I think it's a testament to his character that he has made it this far. Something that can't really be said about too many others.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Thanks MWR.

Side note, surely Shingi is in the Goats lineup as Wellington is playing Canada, no?

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I hope it's Shingi. He is 6 wickets short of 300, so a big chance this match.
Oh dear, the frustrations of a stats nut

tawac

Post by tawac »

Gerald Aliseni (rightarm fast) you don't see that often in Zimbabwe. And at 29 does the lad have that much gas about him?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Good to see Kondo force his way back into the Mashonaland first XI. Through weight of runs at club level no doubt :roll:

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

I love how the Tuskers have given the nod to Ernest, what a name!