Pro50 Championship Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ljriley90

Re: Pro50 Championship Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by ljriley90 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 11:41 am
Vitori to Chakabva, 5 no balls
How are 5 no balls possible? I can understand 5 wides, but no balls? Is it penalty? For may be calling Vitori for chucking?
It's just a no ball that's also gone for 4 byes or the no ball was also bowled so badly wide it goes for a boundary. The bowlers take the extras because before the ball has hit the boundary their first fault was bowling the no ball, so the extra runs get added into the no ball call.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yes, that makes sense. A no ball was bowled which was also very wide, and it got counted as 5 no balls as it reached the boundary.

By the way, the mystery no.11 continues to bat and bowl for Rhinos, and the rumors are that he is none other than Phantom Kusawoneka... Mountaineers having trouble seeing him and gifting him runs and now a wicket...

Get Phantom Kusawoneka in the team!

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Vitori killing it.. we desperately need him back before the qualifier.. he is a natural wicket taker. Vitori and Chatara are a decent opening pair..

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Ok these match threads need a bit of work.
A. No links to the games in the thread?
B. Peeps are flipping between discussing onegame to the other and I can't see a linear progression of discussion. All I've learnt is one of them has a phantom named phantom.

Do we really neeed to consolidate? Not like forums so busy threads and it's blink and you miss!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Do we really neeed to consolidate? Not like forums so busy threads and it's blink and you miss!
true each game needs it own thread.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Phantom Kusawoneka gets the big wicket of Hamilton while Vitori gets his 5 for. What's up with the batting of Sikandar Raza by the way?

tawac

Post by tawac »

kkkkk this Phantom is quite a hit three quarters through the game no one is able to identify him. Where is Mid West Rhinos he cld hv helped.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

For a Team that won only once in the Logan cup Tuskers really look like the team to beat in these Pro50 Champs

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

The "only 10 players for Rhinos" is not correct; it was just a Cricinfo error, later corrected. They missed out Mike Chinouya, who after numerous ducks and lbw dismissals this season came good hitting a six (the video will go viral!) and then did the best bowling for his team, no doubt with all the tremendous effort he always puts into his whole-hearted bowling.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The new Tuskers kit looks refreshing! Hope that brings about the much needed change in fortunes on the field too, as it did yesterday.
tuskers_new.jpg
tuskers_new.jpg (193.87 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

Also, if the guy standing at the back row - 5th from left - is Kunje, then he definitely needs to shed an awful lot of weight before A team selections can happen I guess...