Pro50 Championship Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Pro50 Championship Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by The Robot »

Chapangu smashed a superb 50, Bruce is back for the Rhinos.Mire continuing his poor run in openning spot.
Robo to rule :oops:

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Pro50 Championship Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

The Robot wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 am
Chapangu smashed a superb 50, Bruce is back for the Rhinos.Mire continuing his poor run in openning spot.
Join me on the Chapangu for Zimbabwe campaign :D

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Can anyone remember when Mire last played Zim domestic cricket? we won't class his effort today as playing though ...... :roll:

Unexpected news of the day : Ervine is playing

Worst news of the day : Chari scores a 100

Selection news of the day : After 35 overs Rhinos still only have 10 players listed on cricinfo, is that over confidence?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 am
The Robot wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 am
Join me on the Chapangu for Zimbabwe campaign :D
I would do zimfan1 but I'm not sure 758 @ 14.57 from 52 List A innings is #WorldBeaterBothwell

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mire jus not doing well in tht opening slot.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Pretty sure James Bruce has just batted in a "last man stands" scenario.

It's a bit shoddy Rhino's weren't able to find 11 registered players!!!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So Prince has been slowly hitting form. Headache for that slow and burly opener slot, come the SL tour. If Chibhabha gets a good score today, he'll be in for the Europe ODs and the SL tour (if he is not in already) partnering Hamilton at the top of the order (hopefully).

I have serious concerns about the bowling capabiilities of Nathan Waller, but he might get picked anyway.
Train Driver wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am
Worst news of the day : Chari scores a 100
Agree with that. But the blessing in disguise of the day could be no Chigumbura in the Eagles XI. He has done nothing to get picked and we don't want him to wake up today and cement his place for another year.

My start of the year prediction for a smokey selection by year end was for Bothwell Chapungu to don the Chapungu colors. I'm on the bandwagon :)

And thank god for Ervine to come back and hit form like that. We badly need him, our best player of the last season and a half.

Tiripano getting hit is becoming quite common now, unfortunately. And yes, Mire situation is pretty annoying. He can't be picked in the squad for sure, but it gives me shivers to feel that all of Mire, Chibhabha, Chigumbura and Nathan Waller could get into the squad with the allrounder tag (and I'm only comfortable with Chamu the batsman and Nathan the slogger among those roles).

Bruce now had a List A average of 96.00 :)

tawac

Post by tawac »

ljriley90 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 11:14 am
Pretty sure James Bruce has just batted in a "last man stands" scenario.

It's a bit shoddy Rhino's weren't able to find 11 registered players!!!

.... and this is supposed to be a #pro50 with a team fielding 10 players. wht a joke.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Vitori to Chakabva, 5 no balls
How are 5 no balls possible? I can understand 5 wides, but no balls? Is it penalty? For may be calling Vitori for chucking?

tawac

Post by tawac »

I reckon its good for players like Chari and Chapungu to be scoring runs cause it adds to the competition for spots something we always said was lacking with the likes of Vusi, Chigumbura, always being selected time and again on the back of good domestic form.