Zimbabwe ODI squad for Scotland, Netherlands and SL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe ODI squad for Scotland, Netherlands and SL

Post by eugene »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 9:37 am
I think Malcolm Waller is a must down the order with his ability to hit out without needing to get his eye in. Don't think ZIM have other power hitters that are as reliable when it comes to finding boundaries in the death. I think Moor has more value trying to be a proper batsman than MW does. Nathan Waller should have been picked ahead of Mire, but otherwise its pretty much the squad that needs to get gametime before the WCQ next summer.
Malcolm can hit out? I guess he is good at hitting and getting out.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:08 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
I think Malcolm Waller is a must down the order with his ability to hit out without needing to get his eye in. Don't think ZIM have other power hitters that are as reliable when it comes to finding boundaries in the death. I think Moor has more value trying to be a proper batsman than MW does. Nathan Waller should have been picked ahead of Mire, but otherwise its pretty much the squad that needs to get gametime before the WCQ next summer.
he always has a high strike rate, even if its just 15 off 10, those are valuable runs in a tight game. and he isnt good enough to bat up the order which Moor is.

waller's type of hitting is not easy to find...Bangladesh dont have any and will be exposed in the champions trophy because of it. 350 will be a par score in ENG and we can score 325 max.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Surely the test team has to be different. I'm assuming Mawoyo Chakabva and maybe even Innocent Kaia will be called up

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe can't qualify for the World Cup with these players. Except Ervine, Williams, Cremer all are average players. Masakadza is struggling for long time in international matches. Chibhabha played 100 odis still to smash a ton.

Players like Malcolm Lake, Brendan Taylor, James Bruce, Brendan Diplock are needed to lift this team.
Robo to rule :oops:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

eugene wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:08 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
:lol:

zimfan@india
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimfan@india »

My line up for tour is
J chibhabha
S Mire
T Musukanda
C Ervine
S Williams
PJ moor
Sr butt
G cremer
D tripano
T chatara
R Ngarva

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

10 batsman is way too many .....

Only 4 seamers and 1 spinner .....

I would have swapped Malcolm for Nathan on this tour ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement