Zimbabwe ODI squad for Scotland, Netherlands and SL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Zimbabwe ODI squad for Scotland, Netherlands and SL

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

1. Ryan Burl
2. Sikandar Raza Butt
3. Tendai Chatara
4. Chamunorwa Chibhabha
5. Graeme Cremer
6. Craig Ervine
7. Hamilton Masakadza
8. Solomon Mire
9. Peter Moor
10. Christopher Mpofu
11. Tarisai Musakanda
12. Richard Ngarava
13. Donald Tiripano
14. Malcolm Waller
15. Sean Williams

No Chigs, thankfully. But Mire must also be feeling the heat. Malcolm Waller continues to make the squad :?

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-pres ... urs/255324

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Zimbabwe ODI squad for Scotland, Netherlands and SL

Post by Jemisi »

Only Mire that I really question in there.

Ngarava, Burl and Musakanda are enough youth and the rest are as good as we can put on the park.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Waller continues his role as team mascot I see. Too bad we are known as the Zimbabwe Walking Wickets.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

Only issue is where is Nathan Waller he hasn't really done anything wrong to not be picked
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Good squad

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

This is very premature but typical from the selectors were domestic form has no baring to team selection. Mire, Raza(batting) have not been in great form at all. And i wonder if a miracle is going to happen between now and the when the tour kicks off. The likes of N. Waller, I. Kaia and even Timycen have been putting the work in. Really feel for W. Masakadza because he just couldn't find a spot on the team but has been really consistent of late.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Only one spinner for the Sri Lanka tour? I imagine that some players may be added to the second leg.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think Malcolm Waller is a must down the order with his ability to hit out without needing to get his eye in. Don't think ZIM have other power hitters that are as reliable when it comes to finding boundaries in the death. I think Moor has more value trying to be a proper batsman than MW does. Nathan Waller should have been picked ahead of Mire, but otherwise its pretty much the squad that needs to get gametime before the WCQ next summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think Nathan Waller has to define his role first. He has the ability but what role is he going to play? And how fast is he? This is the same problem Jongwe had when he was in contention. There is no space for a medium pacer down the order these days unless he has exceptional swing. Mire and Chamu have the advantage that they can bat up the order. We just don't have the quality upfront for us to risk an extra bowler who can bat.. we would rather have an extra batsman who can bowl. They will probably give Chamu the extra overs with the form he is in and Mire won't play.

Malcolm Waller is sadly the best finisher we have right now especially in Sri Lanka. Experience is key in that role and I don't think PJ is ready yet to have that role.Mire also isn't ready

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 9:37 am
I think Malcolm Waller is a must down the order with his ability to hit out without needing to get his eye in. Don't think ZIM have other power hitters that are as reliable when it comes to finding boundaries in the death. I think Moor has more value trying to be a proper batsman than MW does. Nathan Waller should have been picked ahead of Mire, but otherwise its pretty much the squad that needs to get gametime before the WCQ next summer.
I agree he should be good as a power hitter coming in at the 40-50 over period (not that that happens too often as he usually has to come in before the 30th over).