[Match Thread] ODD - Rhinos v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

[Match Thread] ODD - Rhinos v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Eagles

Post by totoro »

Mr Twig

Re: [Match Thread] ODD - Rhinos v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Eagles

Post by Mr Twig »

Sean or Craig?

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 7:31 am
Sean or Craig?
online scorer has no clue. And why do we have only one thread for two games.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Praise the Lord, ZC have come through with their secret cloning experiment, buy one Sean Ervine and get ten more free

#ZCToRuleTheWorld

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Anyone with the Moutaineers Eagles score
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Mire finally comes good with a century. For the first time in a long time there is some genuine competition for places in the batting department especially when you add Musakanda and Burl to the senior side. Hopefully it makes them work harder

tawac

Post by tawac »

some encouragement as Mires batting comes through with a century. Williams is back bowling and batting well again.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

The last three tons in this competition have all yielded exactly 101 runs (Ervine, Willow, Solo); statistical quirk or emerging pattern? I have, in the past, harboured the feeling that in domestic cricket our batsmen are more prone to throw it away once they get to the landmark than others, but I can't back it up with any evidence. Maybe I'm just imagining this?

tawac

Post by tawac »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 pm
The last three tons in this competition have all yielded exactly 101 runs (Ervine, Willow, Solo); statistical quirk or emerging pattern? I have, in the past, harboured the feeling that in domestic cricket our batsmen are more prone to throw it away once they get to the landmark than others, but I can't back it up with any evidence. Maybe I'm just imagining this?
The gud thing is tht we are getting more of these landmarks. This being Mires first after 10yrs of first class cricket. I remember a time when getting 50 was quite the achievement.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 pm
Certainly a pattern for Williams. He has four List A tons with a highest of 102!