Pro50 Championship Eagles vs Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Pro50 Championship Eagles vs Tuskers

Post by tawac »

Tuskers have already take the title going into the final round today with only one loss while Eagles have been out of sorts with only one win. Last chance for the national players to pick up form before they go out to Europe. Raza hasn't come to the fore with a high score of 33 from four attempts and a worrying ave of 15.75. Williams sat out in the last match for Tuskers but Vitori the leading wicket taker has been coming down hard.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Pro50 Championship Eagles vs Tuskers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Eagles bowlers for the day: Zhawi, Musoko, Munyoro, Chikomba, N Waller.

There's a breath of fresh air. It was getting sickening to witness the same old Muzarabani, Garwe and Co. with no national selection hope and no meaningful performances for so long.

Ditching the bicycle boy after just one match is harsh though. But Talent Munyoro gets a game! This guy was hailed big time by Flakeman, gargamel and others if I remember correctly. Let us see how he goes. Hope he does well...

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Razas woeful form continues he is out for 16. But alas Williams is back in the Tuskers side and bowling again. 2 wickets to his credit. Eagles are down to 126/5 with not much else to come. Elty and N. Waller at the crease perhaps they can work some magic here. The Eagles' batting has really let them down this season.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I love how Vitori clean bowls a lot of his victims. Shows what pure pace can do. It's a shame that his action is still dodgy according to Gargamel.. he would be very useful in British conditions

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Yes very good to see Munyoro finally get a gig. Not the same bowler he was a year ago but is still very dangerous.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Very happy to see Chari score heavily (averaging over 100 in the Pro 50), he needs to score a lot of runs over the next year to force his way back in the side. But he is one of the few batsman who has the ability to score multiple centuries in domestic cricket.

From watching his 8 ODIs his biggest issue was turning over the strike. If he can overcome this problem he should come again in the national side (but not yet).

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Flakeman wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 am
Yes very good to see Munyoro finally get a gig. Not the same bowler he was a year ago but is still very dangerous.
What's the go with young Zim bowlers losing pace or control at such a young age? The same has been said about Musoko and a few others I can't remember the names. This should be an issue for older bowlers not young guys who are just starting their careers .....

More runs for Chari, for the future of Zimbabwe we really need Chari to continue improving .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement