Pro50 Championship Rhinos vs Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Pro50 Championship Rhinos vs Mountaineers

Post by jaybro »

It will be an interesting lineup for the first ODI, the experienced guys are all making runs in the Pro50 comp but the young guys Burl & Musakanda are already in Britain acclimatising to the conditions .....

How many more chances do Chamu, Hami & Waller get? But credit to them they always go back to domestic cricket and put runs on the board .....

I think we will see this lineup

Chamu
Mire
Hami
Ervine
Williams
Moor wk
Waller
Cremer
Chatara
Mpofu
Ngarava
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:41 am
I think we will see this lineup

Chamu
Mire
Hami
Ervine
Williams
Moor wk
Waller
Cremer
Chatara
Mpofu
Ngarava
Interesting line up but more of a side that we would have to face Sri Lanka. I think for Scotland surely we can afford to drop one of the seamers for a batsman and have 20 overs shared between Mire/Chibhabha/Hamy/Williams. I would have something like:

Chamu
Mire
Hammy
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Moor(wk)
Waller
Cremer
Chatara
Ngarava/Mpofu
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

With that lineup Tawac we would be hoping to chase not set a total, could happen like at the WC 15 we played 8 batsman and chased at every opportunity .....

If Mire was a better bowler I'd be ok with it but he really is average, I rate Chamu and even Hami better than Mire ......

I also think by only playing 3 bowlers we're inviting Scotland into the game, if we bowl first and they get stuck into our part timers we could have a decent total to chase. We all know when chasing anything can happen .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement