[Match Thread] 1st ODIs: SCOT vs ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] 1st ODIs: SCOT vs ZIM

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 am
Right. So, I'll do this to everyone during the next match. May be that will work?
No no just eat your humble pie. Waller has been in good form it shows. Raza has been in pathetic form it too shows. I have never been a fan of Waller especially when he stopped bowling he just was contributing anything to the team. But he has really worked on his game and he would been the first name on the team list. And that being said for someone who bats at seven says a lot about our team. We really need to work on our combinations. Today picking only two seamers really backfired on us. Cremer didn't really have anyone to turn to when Ngarava started going for runs. If your top six batsman are not doing the job then surely do they even deserve a spot there?
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Its quite odd we have two bowling coaches Streak and Ntini and you find a team packed with batsman only. We just have to go back to basics 6 batsman, 1 allrounder, 4 bowlers. People with clearly defined roles. Anything else then we are not going anywhere as a team. Raza doesn't even know if he is a bowler or a batsman.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

Waller didn't bowl at all yesterday. Whilst our spin wasn't hugely menacing for the Scots, they did contain a lot better than the quicks. 30 overs from Cremer+Raza+Williams, plus an extra 4-5 from Waller and we'd be looking at a much more manageable chase.

Raza, for all of his batting inadequacy at the moment, is a necessary part of the bowling line-up when the team selected looks like it did yesterday.

Williams is worth his weight in gold at the moment, given both his batting and bowling contributions.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

Chibhaha would be a good choice for the next ODI as he has got good control, line and length. Ryan Burl can also bowl. Cremer should have taken wise decisions on the field so as to check how Burl/Waller/Hammy could have bowled as these players might be playing/bowling for the first time in Scotland and who knows what they can do. Infact this very first ODI could have been an assessment for them. Zimbabwe going with 8 batsmen, does mean that their batting unit is no more consistent, but now the bowling department needs a check. Well played Williams and Waller.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

It was clearly a SIX. Kind of Mooney revisited. Waller could have easily sealed it for us.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

good fightback in end, zimbabwe will be more hungry fro win now.
God Always Favors Brave Always

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 am
TapsC wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:56 pm
This is really sad..don't know how much more of this us fans can take..these players need to start being held to account.you can't blame the board in a situation like this
No I strongly disagree. This is ALL the administrations making and we must NEVER fail to forget this or fail to hold them to account.
The players are who they are. They are there because theres not really any better people left.

If Tawac is picked for the zimbabwean national team, then its not Tawacs fault he isnt up to international standard if there isnt better, know what i mean?

It was the admin that completely dismantled the cricketing culture in zim.

The admins policies led to the racial purge of the main cricketing ethnicity in the country.
That didnt end with 14 players in 2004, that has meant every future white player has been hesitant or has walked away or pursued other cricketing avenues due to suvival. The admin created that uncertainity for them.

It was the admin that diverted much needed funds from the game to useless admin tasks and unwarranted expenditure.
Whether its theft, corruption or gross negligence, it doesnt make much difference. It was horrible administration.

At every level of zimbabwe cricket theres been stupidity at times. Selection favouritism. Questionable decisions, questionable scheduling. You name it. They have been guilty of it.

What other sporting body in this world would not instantly dismiss a national coach who was found to have defrauded his credentials to land the position?

What other national team periodically decides to not pay their cricketers? then say they should be lucky to get anything.

need i go on?

We are literally seeing the comsequences of all this?

And guess what, when the Ervine/Williams/Cremer generation retires in a couple of years, it will only get worse.
Whats equally galling is that people are saying there's no bias in selection because there are 5/6 whites in the side!
The only 5 white guys playing professional cricket in the country because of the shower of s%# that have ruined our cricket. I'm so sick of this.

GregorPJ
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by GregorPJ »

Was at the full game so can provide some insight on it.

Firstly, the Scots played very well, especially with the bat and made it very difficult for Zimbabwe.

Coetzer is a class player, look at his cricinfo, there's no shame in him scoring runs against Zimbabwe.

Secondly, I was massively underwhelmed by the Zimbabwean bowling effort.The attack never looked threatening, Chatara and Ngarava were slower than Chris Sole from Scotland, comfortably. Standard Zimbabwean fielding performance, some pieces of brilliance and some shoddy efforts.

Cremer bowled a mixed bag, Mire is not an international class bowler, Ngarava simply isn't good enough. Not enough pace or control.

In the second innings there was some appalling running, some good and bad batting. Masakadza and Mire looked comfortable and scoring well until the run out. Ervine bounced out in Scotland isn't a great sign, Mire playing a daft shot after losing 2 quick wickets was also poor.

Williams and Waller looked excellent, no complaints about their batting. Waller shouldn't have been given out, I had a good view of the incident and said he stood on the rope immediately - shame as Waller was giving Scotland a real scare and would of taken it to the wire although not sure he could win the game himself.

To top off my day a got a Zim top signed by the whole team - Good days cricket - mixed emotions on the result as i support both teams!