Preferred Zimbabwe Cricket - Horrendous Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Preferred Zimbabwe Cricket - Horrendous Zimbabwe

Post by eugene »

I understand the mods are not letting through pariah's posts. Too bad.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Conant

Post by Conant »

Has be been blocked again?

ricky

Post by ricky »

Absolutely nonsense.

Zim cricket is finally going in rigtt direction after ICC put their own men to govern. Soon you may see like of Brendon Taylor and Anthony Ireland playing again.

PJMoor

Post by PJMoor »

Is thread has gone down the gutter, with such world class performances being put on from the boys.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

PJMoor wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 am
Is thread has gone down the gutter, with such world class performances being put on from the boys.
It surely is !

The thread has to be a troll when you see Sibanda captaining and Chibhabha batting at the top order at 4. :o

eugene

Post by eugene »

Conant wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:37 am
Has be been blocked again?
Apparently so. I sometimes exchange messages with hhm outside of ZCF. He says his posts are not getting through.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

He's a racist and a troll I don't understand why anyone would want him here .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

He has been given plenty of chances and warnings. The admins don't need to be saintly in their patience.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Weeks ago a wrote a comment which in the main attacked the team and certain members for their performances. As expected some agreed, but most disagreed. Having gone through a lot of the posts in the forums, it's clear that even those in agreement shared similar sentiments. Calls for Chisoro abound, as were calls for Musakanda to replace other batsmen (a development which Burl's injury forced).

But none of that matters anyway because throught the team has achieved what is undoubtably its greatest ever ODI series win. One can now confidently resume his Zimbabwe-bragging...particulalrly with Bavuma top-scoring both innings in a pasting for the Proteas). :mrgreen:

Having said all of that, it's important to acknowledge several factors. The seam attack was horrible (excusable considering the conditions which the Sri Lanka seamers also struggled with), but arguably the spin attack was even worse with all of them striking at very poor rates. Toss advantages aside, this was not an attack to win a Series, and Chatara really needs to hold his head high. He was virtually the only bowler who turned up on this tour.

ZIMBABWE PLAYER PERFORMANCES - ODI TOUR OF SRI LANKA

Whilst Sri Lanka can walk away feeling the loss to Zimbabwe was a mistake, Zimbabwe's embarassments against Afghanistan, Scotland and the Netherlands were not mistakes. Being at the same level means "tough" decisions will have to be made about the team because they won't create conditions which allow part-time spinners to even be remotely effectively when Zimbabwe tour there again. Some of those spinner batsmen may have to be dropped for seamers, or a Malcom Waller(on form) having to keep wicket to accomodate them. Mire had some decent knocks in Scotland and the Netherlands, which he followed up here in Sri Lanka. Is he the answer Zimbabwe have been looking for. I'm still not convinced and feel he should bat lower, but it's working out now so leave it as is it. The only worry is will he be given his opportunity in the middle order if/when he fails or will he be totally dicarded like Vusi Sibanda?

It would be nice to give credit to the coaches, but the woeful low order failures of Burl and Moor, plus the incosnsistency of Waller & Williams means Klusener can't get much credit. Ntini is the bowling coach, but in the sub-continent swing works best just as it's doing for Bhuvi. Streak was Zimbabwe's greatest exponent of that and it's clear that none of the seamers were improved in that regard. So it's fair to say the players did it all for themselves. Hamilton and Raza were under pressure so they simply had to deliver and they did. Musakanda - unfairly treated - had a point to prove and he did. Malcolm Waller has been unusually sensational with the bat, but batting that low, he's picked to bowl, and with little match bowling fitness and practice was forced to do a job and he did it successfully - without being called for illegal bowling. And of course Mire was fearless and brutally effective. Williams, Moor and Burl were poor, but Cremer's failing as captain and bowler do suggest that a lead-spinner successor must be found and a captain groomed. I recommend Chisoro and Musakanda respectively.

Do guys really think it makes sense to have Craig batting at number 4 in the ODI XI? Will it lead to him becoming a better player or work against him? I don't think he should be outside the top 3, and more often than not will actually undo any good fast starts the top 3 have laid ahead of him. Whatever the case might be, players like Chibhabha and Chigumbura will continue to be in the picture because conditions remain ripe for their inclusion with so many batting deep.

On the back of such a great win, it is at this point where Zimbabwe can actually court a top world class coach because spirits are high, talent is there, and potential even though it wasn't impressive it's there (Burl, Moor and Taibu's academy). No disrespect to Streak and his team.

Mire, Hamilton, Musakanda(c), Craig, Williams, Raza, Waller(wk), Cremer/Chisoro, Madziva, Panyangara, Chatara

It's also interesting and nice to note that Duckworth-Lewis has worked in Zimbabwe's favour for a change in these consecutive overseas series wins. :D

NB: Trust me, the players read this forum and I know what's said here affects them - it either makes angry or inpires them but they do read it a lot. I know Sean particularly does and he says they've never been asked to open or bat higher :roll: Maybe some of your attacks inspired the win. If yo played part give yourself a tap on the shoulder. ;)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Even still last night I saw him harassing Alan Butcher on twitter about the black dudes opening and the white guys hiding in the middle. Said Mire isn't an opener :lol: Try telling Solomon that bud :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement