Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Noises coming from Ireland that the matches against Zimbabwe may be cancelled.
Haven’t seen anything on Twitter apart from your handle, how ‘loud’ are these noises??

Can’t understand why the series wouldn’t go ahead? Maybe they can’t find a broadcaster to buy the games?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

jaybro wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:25 am
Maybe they can’t find a broadcaster to buy the games?
Doubt that's the problem. BBC have been streaming the Afghanistan matches, and the tri-series before that - would think it's safe to assume they'd take the Zim games too.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

maehara wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 am
jaybro wrote:
Doubt that's the problem. BBC have been streaming the Afghanistan matches, and the tri-series before that - would think it's safe to assume they'd take the Zim games too.
Yeah you’d think so, but what other reason apart from money could be the reason for Ireland cancelling the tour ??

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

maehara wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 am
jaybro wrote:
Yeah its on ESPN+ here in the US which looks like has a deal to cover all of New Zealand's and Ireland's home fixtures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Anyone living in aus on here have the same problem as me ? My Foxtel says it’s showing the Ireland vs Afghanistan games then about a hour before play kicks off they change to formula one or golf ??
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Andybligzz wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 am
Anyone living in aus on here have the same problem as me ? My Foxtel says it’s showing the Ireland vs Afghanistan games then about a hour before play kicks off they change to formula one or golf ??
Yes I noticed that

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I don’t know if this is it, but last week Foxtel announced they would cut a lot of non premium content sport from their scheduling because they made a big loss. In my kind that could easily be minnow cricket games.

As for all these cancellations, it goes to show how toxic Zimbabwe’s reputation is, we are a test nation that no one wants to play. This is how we will die, Zac won’t die with a hard thud, games will just start to dissipate, cricketers will become pay to play. People will leave the country and the game will dry up, and someone somewhere will find a way to blame white people for all of it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

This is why zim Ireland Afghanistan ect need to play more against the big 3 even if it’s odis and t20s it’s the only way for the poor to survive . Like the rest of the world though the poor become poorer and the rich become richer.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

There is NO official word on cancellation yet folks.

But I wouldn't be surprised. ZC really shouldn't have been so lax in the Afghan series, granted the Afghan players didn't seem keen to play Zimbabwe before a WC. Every effort should have been made to get someone to broadcast the series. The ZC gets so much money, they should fund series against non-profitable sides since fixtures against the Big 3 are virtually non-existant.

The new ODI league will rectify all these issues though. Unless of course ZIM finish below Netherlands and get relegated to the World Cup League 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:18 am
I don’t know if this is it, but last week Foxtel announced they would cut a lot of non premium content sport from their scheduling because they made a big loss. In my kind that could easily be minnow cricket games.

As for all these cancellations, it goes to show how toxic Zimbabwe’s reputation is, we are a test nation that no one wants to play. This is how we will die, Zac won’t die with a hard thud, games will just start to dissipate, cricketers will become pay to play. People will leave the country and the game will dry up, and someone somewhere will find a way to blame white people for all of it.
It's partly why I hope that Optus keep the EPL and other football rights, and possibly poach something else. If they poach Union and all the cricket except for Aus games, that'll do me.

Foxtel invested heavily in AFL and NRL and then put the costs on those on who don't really watch those sports. They also invested big in cricket, but at least that has a bigger appeal.

The longer Foxtel keep down this path, the quicker they lose the market and become irrelevant, then I can stop giving Murdoch money.