Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by zimbos_05 »

Really hoping Zim can reschedule that series back here in Aus. There is no major issues as such. If the guys stay in quarantine before departing, then they would have to do a quarantine here, or depending on where they play, they may be able to move around a little more freely. Aus can't really use Covid as an issue to not host unless Zim experiences a significant rise in cases.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:50 am
Really hoping Zim can reschedule that series back here in Aus. There is no major issues as such. If the guys stay in quarantine before departing, then they would have to do a quarantine here, or depending on where they play, they may be able to move around a little more freely. Aus can't really use Covid as an issue to not host unless Zim experiences a significant rise in cases.
Isn't it part of the WC Super League? It will have to be played eventually before the cycle. If too many series get cancelled, the ICC may have to allow a stipulation to play Super League series on neutral ground. The UAE is apparently the #2 in the world in terms of vaccinating its population, so it will probably be one of quickest to return to normalcy in a few more months. Although as a tourist/transit hub, people will keep bringing the virus into the country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 384978.cms

Were we not supposed to play India in June? Looks like there is a possibility that they might send a second string team for the Asia cup which would mean we would get a second string side too if it goes ahead. I don’t mind because that means we can sneak in another victory for the ODI league

The whole thing is so shambolic right now that we could sneak into a qualifying position by claiming a couple of victories against second string sides. They will only notice what’s happened a year from now

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:50 pm

Were we not supposed to play India in June? Looks like there is a possibility that they might send a second string team for the Asia cup which would mean we would get a second string side too if it goes ahead. I don’t mind because that means we can sneak in another victory for the ODI league

The whole thing is so shambolic right now that we could sneak into a qualifying position by claiming a couple of victories against second string sides. They will only notice what’s happened a year from now
I'm not sure India will tour in June, I think it is becoming more likely that India will tour Zimbabwe just before their tour of South Africa in December, which means tour of Zimbabwe may be sometime after the World T20. Just my guess though.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:50 pm

I thought it was July?

Even if all went to plan, India would still send a second-string team. That might be enough to sneak a victory like we did in Pakistan.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Are people forgetting an injury depleted Indian side just beat Australia twice in Tests in their own back yard!!!

Even a third or fourth string Indian team would beat a handful and would probably win the series
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

If we struggle to have tours, why don't always have to wait for the big guys and make them national side tours. I know i know, money is what many will say is the issue, but here me out.

ZC should team up with CSA, Namibia and possibly Kenya and set up an Emerging Africa cup.

- players have to be under 23/25.
- play in one country (could even be the same venue) and rotate each year
- ODI with each side playing each other twice
- top two go to a final
- stream it on youtube so you get broadcast reach outside of Africa too

The tournament can also double up as a coaching clinic in which top coaches from the countries (and possibly outside too) to attend and provide their services and knowledge to the youngsters. We also bring emerging coaches and give them an opportunity to learn from the top coaches and a chance to hone their skills by working with the squads.

One of africa's greatest assets is each other.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Well, despite the poor showing in the T20s against Afghanistan, the good thing for Zimbabwe is that they've got plenty of cricket coming up.

2 tests and 3 T20s against Pakistan (Apr-May)
2 Tests, 3 ODIs and 3T20s against Bangladesh (Jun-Jul)
3 ODIs and 3 T20s against Ireland (Aug)
1 Test 3 ODIs and 2 T20s against Afghanistan (as per the FTP) (Oct)
3 ODIs against India (TBD)

All the listed ODIs will be part of the ODI Super league.

Zimbos better move on and improve.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Why do we arrange so many T20 matches when we aren't any good at it. We don't even have a domestic comp for it.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

I think we should try and play Nambia if a 5 match T20 series within the next few months, they want prep for the World T20 and we could do with a chance to work on our skills in an international environment. Win win for both sides.