Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:37 am
I think we should try and play Nambia if a 5 match T20 series within the next few months, they want prep for the World T20 and we could do with a chance to work on our skills in an international environment. Win win for both sides.
That wouldn't be a bad shout actually would it

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
I think we should try and play Nambia if a 5 match T20 series within the next few months, they want prep for the World T20 and we could do with a chance to work on our skills in an international environment. Win win for both sides.
Zimbabwe should be playing Namibia regularly imo, they'd be a step up from domestic cricket and the costs of hosting them wouldn't be as high.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Look at you coming here with your sensible ideas. ZC probably won't because there's no commercial benefit to them.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:18 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Zimbabwe should be playing Namibia regularly imo, they'd be a step up from domestic cricket and the costs of hosting them wouldn't be as high.
I don’t see how it would cheaper than hosting a top side except for broadcast expenses. But you’d imagine the TV rights would at least pay for themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Namibia have just announced they are hosting Uganda for two 50 over, and 4 t20's, starting early April - and will be live streamed.
Zimbabwe should certainly look to playing more of the top end asscoiates - the standard has never been higher - Namibia, Nepal, Scotland, UAE, Netherlands etc..
It also wouldn't do them any harm to be favourites and win a few games. It would be good for the associates too....they would happy for the exposure.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:49 am
I don’t see how it would cheaper than hosting a top side except for broadcast expenses. But you’d imagine the TV rights would at least pay for themselves.
[/quote]

That’s where you’re wrong, apart from India Zimbabwe doesn’t make money from broadcast deals, and most come at a loss. Namibia would cost less to host as they’d bring less people and wouldn’t have as high demands regarding accommodation etc I would think. There’s been numerous stories of touring sides not being happy with the accommodation or facilities supplied to them when touring Zim.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Robbo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 am
Namibia have just announced they are hosting Uganda for two 50 over, and 4 t20's, starting early April - and will be live streamed.
Zimbabwe should certainly look to playing more of the top end asscoiates - the standard has never been higher - Namibia, Nepal, Scotland, UAE, Netherlands etc..
It also wouldn't do them any harm to be favourites and win a few games. It would be good for the associates too....they would happy for the exposure.
As long as it's the associates inviting Zimbabwe to tour their countries, then I think Zim would love for that to happen for obvious reasons.

Assuming Zim are good enough to beat the associates, it would be very beneficial from a mental perspective. Develop a winning culture. Similar to 2017 when we played all those associate teams (Canada and Scotland i think plus a few others) which culminated into winning the ODI series in Sri Lanka and doing well in the WC Qualifiers up until that last horrible game.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Why do ZCB wait until the last minute to announce the fixtures? Pakistan series is 20 days away, and no one knows the itinerary.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:40 am
Why do ZCB wait until the last minute to announce the fixtures? Pakistan series is 20 days away, and no one knows the itinerary.
They just released it. Check their page. I’m shocked that we are playing in Harare. Pakistan’s pace attack is lethal. Starting with the T20s on the 17th

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

A9700381-ACBC-44E4-BB7F-50CD005ACBB8.jpeg
A9700381-ACBC-44E4-BB7F-50CD005ACBB8.jpeg (160.45 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
I was worried I’d miss a Test match due to it being on my bucks weekend, luckily for me my bucks is April 23-26 perfect 👌🏽