Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by secretzimbo »

It's sad that absolutely nobody in the cricketing world is coming out to bat for the Netherlands here.

So they've just had a great cycle of fixtures with full members. Now India have scrapped the Super League, so the Netherlands have.....zero confirmed fixtures going forward? So they are back to pre-2019, as an associate having to organise games with other associates and maybe 1 full member fixture every 10 years if they are lucky.

What a backwards move. Cricket never wants to grow. This would be unacceptable in other sports, but in cricket nobody has even noticed or thought about the them,.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Our friend Zolsky, sorry - I mean Mukuhlani :lol: - has obviously been sucking a lot of dicks at the ICC meetings. The FTP is better than I thought it would be.

I still don't think all of it will be honoured and I can foresee a lot of the Tests, especially home ones, having to be cancelled.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:35 pm
Until I see evidence of a 5 day game of cricket costing $1m I'd rather believe in unicorns.
In an industrialized country, I can easily see it costing that much. I'm sure the price includes things like leasing the venue on a pro rated basis.

Figure the ECB leases Lord's from the MCC or whoever actually owns the venue (could be Dubai sheikh or a Chinese real estate firm for example). I imagine the rent would be at least 100,000 GBP per year (there are NYC apartments cheaper than that!). So prorated to 2 home Tests per season is 50k right there.

Then there's utilities like floodlights, water, lawn care, pitch curating. Thats gotta be 10-20k. Groundsmen fees, umpiring fees. I imagine an ICC elite umpire makes decent money.

There's insurance for the venue. Insurance for players and staff. Keeping emergency medical staff on standby.

Security (big expense in Pakistan, BD, SL). Huge expense. Significant expense in AUS and ENG I imagine.

You have also factor that all these are being outsourced to private companies and they will charge a premium...it's not being done at cost.

Also, broadcast equipment is extremely expensive. Just DRS alone is a 6 figure sum.

I can totally see a Test costing 7 figures. Now can it theoretically be done cheaper, probably yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

It used to be done a lot cheaper. And I mean in real terms. Zimbabwe can do a test for much less, especially against Afghanistan.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:01 pm
In summary:

T20WCQ: 11th-17th July
Bangladesh (3x ODI, 3x T20I): 30th July-10th August
India (3x ODI): 18th-22nd August
Australia (3x ODI): 28th August-3rd September
Potential T20WC: 16th October-13th November

Very tight turnaround between India at home and Australia away.
As expected, fixtures confirmed; https://zimcricket.org/zimbabwe-to-host ... australia/

Bangladesh:

T20Is: 30th & 31st July, 2nd August
ODIs: 5th, 7th & 10th August

India:

ODIs: 18th, 20th & 22nd August

Australia:

ODIs: 28th, 31st August, 3rd September

Donald

Post by Donald »

Might have a chance to nail India in one match if they pick an India C squad

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Jemisi wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:15 pm
It used to be done a lot cheaper. And I mean in real terms. Zimbabwe can do a test for much less, especially against Afghanistan.
It would still be relatively expensive, unless its not broadcast at all, or just streamed on youtube. But I think that violates an ICC requirement for all matches between top 12 sides to be broadcast.

The point being is that, there's a lot of itemized things that all cost money, and I'm sure I didn't even think of half the stuff that goes on during a Test match. For example, I didn't put anything on their about food. 2 meals per day times 30 players, 3-4 umpires, 20-30 groundstaff, times 5 days is also going to be several thousands of dollars, at least in a "first world country".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Blessing out for a month. I don't think Chatara will be ready for Bangladesh as well. Make or break for Chivanga and Evans. Huge huge opportunity. Especially against India.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Lets hope Tiripano isnt the strike bowler

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:05 pm
Blessing out for a month. I don't think Chatara will be ready for Bangladesh as well. Make or break for Chivanga and Evans. Huge huge opportunity. Especially against India.
Oh! No. What disaster. What is Blessing's injury?