Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by secretzimbo »

IPL starts on the 31st, he might rest and go straight to India.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:55 am
IPL starts on the 31st, he might rest and go straight to India.
That would make sense, it will be interesting because Raza himself said that he’d be available for all ODI matches due to it being a ODI WC year.

But the Pakistan series will definitely clash with the IPL, so it’s inevitable that’d he miss some games. As I said before, Dave might just take the chance to try some different combos as Raza will undoubtedly benefit from being at the IPL as well.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think Sikki will play the Netherlands ODIs as he won't have any other commitments at that time. Remember Sikki is not a certain starter at Kings XI Punjab, he might only get games if some others don't perform or if the team is rotating players which IPL teams generally don't. So I don't think Sikki would like missing the ODIs.

I was listening to his interview in a game involving Lahore Qalandars and he mentioned how much help he is getting from Imran Tahir to improve his bowling, similarly he credited Sunil Narine for helping him earlier when they were part of another T20 competition.

He mentioned since Zimbabwe don't often play big teams like RSA, WI, he would never have got such a chance to learn by playing only Internationals. Mentioned franchise cricket is helping him develop his game. Surely remains fully committed to playing for Zimbabwe.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:48 pm
I think Sikki will play the Netherlands ODIs as he won't have any other commitments at that time. Remember Sikki is not a certain starter at Kings XI Punjab, he might only get games if some others don't perform or if the team is rotating players which IPL teams generally don't. So I don't think Sikki would like missing the ODIs.

I was listening to his interview in a game involving Lahore Qalandars and he mentioned how much help he is getting from Imran Tahir to improve his bowling, similarly he credited Sunil Narine for helping him earlier when they were part of another T20 competition.

He mentioned since Zimbabwe don't often play big teams like RSA, WI, he would never have got such a chance to learn by playing only Internationals. Mentioned franchise cricket is helping him develop his game. Surely remains fully committed to playing for Zimbabwe.
Thats exactly what someone not committed to playing for Zimbabwe would say. Can’t see learning much in the BPL or ILT league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Netherlands series confirmed for 21st, 23rd and 25th March. All the games at Harare.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Pakistan Shaheens to visit Zimbabwe for two four-dayers and six one-day matches from 3 to 27 May

Tour schedule:

3-6 May – 1st Four-day match; KSC, Kwekwe

10- 13 May – 2nd Four-day match; MSC, Mutare

17 May – 1st 50-over match; TSC, Harare

19 May – 2nd 50-over match; HSC, Harare

21 May – 3rd 50-over match; HSC, Harare

23 May – 4th 50-over match; OH, Harare

25 May – 5th 50-over match; HSC, Harare

27 May – 6th 50-over match; HSC, Harare

Pakistan Shaheens:

Imran Butt (captain) (Lahore), Hussain Talat (vice-captain) (Lahore), Aamir Jamal (Islamabad), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai (Quetta), Haseebullah (Quetta), Kamran Ghulam (Peshawar), Mehran Mumtaz (Rawalpindi), Mir Hamza (Karachi), Mohammad Huraira (Sialkot), Mubasir Khan (Islamabad), Muhammad Umar (Karachi), Omair Bin Yousuf (Karachi), Qasim Akram (Lahore), Rohail Nazir (wicketkeeper) (Islamabad), Sahibzada Farhan (Peshawar) and Shahnawaz Dahani (Larkana).

Asif Mehmood (Hyderabad), Athar Mehmood (Gujranwala), Saad Khan (Hyderabad) and Waqar Ahmad (Peshawar) (all reserves)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

7 guys who have played for Pakistan are in the squad.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Is Shaheens their ‘A’ side? They will trounce our A side but it’s all good experience for sure. Quite a few of our ‘A’ guys will be in the U.K. then though?

We are also sending an ‘A’ side to India in April , a as mentioned on other threads

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:49 pm
Is Shaheens their ‘A’ side? They will trounce our A side but it’s all good experience for sure. Quite a few of our ‘A’ guys will be in the U.K. then though?

We are also sending an ‘A’ side to India in April , a as mentioned on other threads
Or maybe an 'U23' side not sure. A group of some kind is going anyway :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:02 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:49 pm

Or maybe an 'U23' side not sure. A group of some kind is going anyway :lol:
Okay so a nominal 'U23' side is there already - I think it's Chigumbura's 'academy' side (Lions in the T20 comp) - not necessarily an official ZC team but the lines are blurred.

Then separately I understand an official ZC U25/'A' team is going in a few weeks.