Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Kriterion_BD »

with the performance of ZIM in Lanka, I would not mind if the BCB invited ZIM to replace Austrailia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:12 pm
with the performance of ZIM in Lanka, I would not mind if the BCB invited ZIM to replace Austrailia.
I think Bangladesh know Zimbabwe too well, plus their batsmen would be rathe rimmune against Zim's "spin" attack.

Why not tour Zimbabwe for a 2-Test Series, and opt to play them at Harare Sports Club? Makes sense to have a seamers battle with Mustafizur & Taskin having a chance to actually dominate a Test Series. That's better for the development of Bangladesh right now considering injuries have kept them apart, plus it's been mostly the batsmen and spinners doing the job for Bangladesh.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

On commentary I think they said West Indies are touring Zim for 2 Tests soon.

I think a Zim tour of BD would be very smart right now. I highly doubt Australia will fulfil their tour obligations so Zim could step in.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 pm

I think a Zim tour of BD would be very smart right now. I highly doubt Australia will fulfil their tour obligations so Zim could step in.

Zimbabwe Should'nt tour Bangladesh, as Bangladesh full tour of Zimbabwe still pending ( 3 tests, 5 odis, 3 t20s). BCB uses Zimbabwe to fill the gapes by asking them tour to Bangladesh. Time for Zimbabwe to act smart and play Netherlands, Scotland for their return tour to Zimbabwe, as World Cup Qualification Tournament are a year away, its better to give importance to these teams.

A Tri Series featuring Zimbabwe,Netherlands & Scotland will be an exciting tournament.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Black Mamba wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Zimbabwe Should'nt tour Bangladesh, as Bangladesh full tour of Zimbabwe still pending ( 3 tests, 5 odis, 3 t20s). BCB uses Zimbabwe to fill the gapes by asking them tour to Bangladesh. Time for Zimbabwe to act smart and play Netherlands, Scotland for their return tour to Zimbabwe, as World Cup Qualification Tournament are a year away, its better to give importance to these teams.

A Tri Series featuring Zimbabwe,Netherlands & Scotland will be an exciting tournament.
according to the present but soon to be revised FTP, BD was not scheduled to tour ZIM till 2020. but I agree that is stupid and unfair/imbalanced.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:04 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:13 pm

according to the present but soon to be revised FTP, BD was not scheduled to tour ZIM till 2020. but I agree that is stupid and unfair/imbalanced.

Whatever may be, Zimbabwe tour to Bangladesh in 2014-15 for a full tour and in 2016 for odis & t20s. The news has been BCB rejected to make full tour Zimbabwe in 2016, and always try to bring Zimbabwe to compensate the gap when other country doesn't tour Bangladesh.Neither they seems intetested in sending their A Team to Zimbabwe.

At present Aussies are about to cancel their all fixtures tour of Bangladesh & India, for payment disputes. Zimbabwe doing well in Sri Lanka will again make BCB to invite Zimbabwe to play in Bangladesh. Zimbabwe should'nt accept this proposal if it comes, they should get Bangladesh to tour Zimbabwe first, then think again of touring Bangladesh.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

With Australia A making themselves out of tri nation A series & four day matches in South Africa. Zimbabwe might have the option of hosting India A who will in South Africa for odis and four day games.
Robo to rule :oops:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 am

Whatever may be, Zimbabwe tour to Bangladesh in 2014-15 for a full tour and in 2016 for odis & t20s. The news has been BCB rejected to make full tour Zimbabwe in 2016, and always try to bring Zimbabwe to compensate the gap when other country doesn't tour Bangladesh.Neither they seems intetested in sending their A Team to Zimbabwe.

At present Aussies are about to cancel their all fixtures tour of Bangladesh & India, for payment disputes. Zimbabwe doing well in Sri Lanka will again make BCB to invite Zimbabwe to play in Bangladesh. Zimbabwe should'nt accept this proposal if it comes, they should get Bangladesh to tour Zimbabwe first, then think again of touring Bangladesh.
IMO, it would unwise for the ZC to outright reject a tour of/with BD, for no reason. Unless the ZC feels their players have been playing a lot of cricket and need a break to remain fresh for future tours.

The BCB has so far honored all the FTP commitments vis a vis ZC. They have neglected to play A team series with anyone, so its not that they have been snubbing Zimbabwe. As far as a tour in 2016, the BCB does not like to arrange extra tours outside the FTP during their domestic tournaments for some reason, and I believe the 2016 tour of ZIM would have clashed with the DPL tournament. The BCB has also declined to play WI due to a clash with the domestic schedule, and very recently has even turned down a tri series with India for that reason. I don't agree with that practice, but thats what the BCB does. So its really unfair to blame the BCB.

If the BCB does propose a series to ZIM, I would hope the ZC accepts it. I wouldn't mind them playing an away series in ZIM either, provided the weather is good. The BCB has up till now, denied that they are looking at replacing Australia, but if they had to, my guess would be that they would try NZ or possible the WI.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 am
Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 am

IMO, it would unwise for the ZC to outright reject a tour of/with BD, for no reason. Unless the ZC feels their players have been playing a lot of cricket and need a break to remain fresh for future tours.

The BCB has so far honored all the FTP commitments vis a vis ZC. They have neglected to play A team series with anyone, so its not that they have been snubbing Zimbabwe. As far as a tour in 2016, the BCB does not like to arrange extra tours outside the FTP during their domestic tournaments for some reason, and I believe the 2016 tour of ZIM would have clashed with the DPL tournament. The BCB has also declined to play WI due to a clash with the domestic schedule, and very recently has even turned down a tri series with India for that reason. I don't agree with that practice, but thats what the BCB does. So its really unfair to blame the BCB.

If the BCB does propose a series to ZIM, I would hope the ZC accepts it. I wouldn't mind them playing an away series in ZIM either, provided the weather is good. The BCB has up till now, denied that they are looking at replacing Australia, but if they had to, my guess would be that they would try NZ or possible the WI.

Full Strength Windies are scheduled for a full tour of England in August - September, before they meet Zimbabwe for 2 tests in october.
New Zealand Will Tour India for odis/ tri series in october, Sri Lanka are expected to replace Bangladesh as per the source says. So, New Zealand will not accept to tour Bangladesh, as they played them frequently over last 4 months

If Australia cancells, the tour Option for Bangladesh are Pakistan, Afghanistan & Zimbabwe.

eugene

Post by eugene »

The Australian tour will almost certainly be cancelled I reckon. The players and board will come to an agreement, but it will be too late to prepare for Bangladesh.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes