Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 pm
I dont think you are allowed to break FTP. Must be some sort of agreement
Not sure, it may be possible that India have proposed the series to be held after the WC, and yeah as per the rumors here they may very well play it in Zimbabwe then.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

FTP is binding now. So if BCCI is postponing the series it has to be with ZC consent.

I was about to post that there isn't any point playing India's third string team either in India or in Zimbabwe, but that would belie my underlying position that all games at international level matter and all fixtures must be respected and upheld.

If this series gets postponed, ZIM should arrange a home series with Ireland or Afghanistan, although the afghans will be busy with IPL and the World Cup immediately after.

I'd really like to see BD tour Zimbabwe for 2 Tests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

India will just pay for the ZC board to come over enjoy the IPL, pay for their meals and booze whilst also some lap dances and ZC will call it evens 👍🏼
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mehuli Sibanda has said on Twitter that the India Tour will be held after the WC

Also he said the Windies will definitely tour for Tests later this year

And ZC are trying to organise matches against Scotland and the Netherlands whilst Zimbabwe are in Europe

No word of any cricket before then though sadly

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIM will be in europe? Were they scheduled to tour Ireland this summer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 am
ZIM will be in europe? Were they scheduled to tour Ireland this summer?
Yes in july

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The Ireland v Zimbabwe fixtures have already been confirmed. 3 odi's and 3 T20s while the (so called) World Cup is on. These have been confrmed by Cricket Ireland so are pretty much locked in.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I would have loved a test match against Ireland. What a shame. The ICC should bring back the test fund otherwise whats the point of the 2 new test nations not playing any test cricket?

Saw that Chatara and Mpofu want to play club cricket in the UK this year. I guess that might be the only time we will see them in those conditions at this rate. Really want to see how Chatara does.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Well for Zimbabwe it is going to be a pretty dull time until June after which hopefully they will get to play fairly often. This is pretty much the time where Zimbabwe will have to deal with the consequences of not qualifying for the WC.

Good thing is after the WC everyone is on same grounds again and Zimbabwe should focus on qualifying for all future ICC events and I cannot stress more on better results if Zimbabwe cricket is to survive. Hopefully they will deliver.

jward

Post by jward »

I have been told today by the ZC media man that there will be no tours before the World Cup. After that it is expected that India will finally visit (having postponed the tour from March), a visit to Ireland and a visit by West Indies. Only the WI will play a Test match, just one; the rest will be the one-day junk. Naturally, all this could be changed before it happens as usual!