Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 am
Ireland’s recent A Tour of Sri Lanka shows there’s definitely some talent coming through, with Niall O’Brien & Ed Joyce retiring expect to see some fresh faces into the side which should boost them.

Also the Irish will always benefit from English ( And South African) players with Irish heritage who decide its better to take the ancestors route to international cricket to ensure a better chance of getting a cap.

Looking at the the three sides Afghanistan, Ireland & Zimbabwe it’s hard to argue that Zimbabwe has the bleakest outlook 😥
As far as I saw in Cricinfo they didnt win a game in Sri Lanka. I wouldnt get their hopes up just yet. For me Sri Lanka are probably the closest test nation to the bottom 3 recently. The most corrupt too according to the ICC :D

Speaking of A tours werent we supposed to get some this year?

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm
jaybro wrote:
Ireland’s recent A Tour of Sri Lanka shows there’s definitely some talent coming through, with Niall O’Brien & Ed Joyce retiring expect to see some fresh faces into the side which should boost them.

Also the Irish will always benefit from English ( And South African) players with Irish heritage who decide its better to take the ancestors route to international cricket to ensure a better chance of getting a cap.

Looking at the the three sides Afghanistan, Ireland & Zimbabwe it’s hard to argue that Zimbabwe has the bleakest outlook 😥
As far as I saw in Cricinfo they didnt win a game in Sri Lanka. I wouldnt get their hopes up just yet. For me Sri Lanka are probably the closest test nation to the bottom 3 recently. The most corrupt too according to the ICC :D

A tours to Zimbabwe I believe as hosts we have to pay for them. And other countries don't seem to be falling over each other to invite us over there, so probably we have struck out again.

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://twitter.com/CricketZimbo/status ... 3784704000
Afghanistan players have asked @ACBofficials not to schedule any matches against Zimbabwe..... WTF!!!

https://twitter.com/seanjoshuabell/stat ... 4488350720
Maybe Zims next ODI series... I have heard from a reliable source that Afghanistan players has requested that their board not schedule anymore tours against Zimbabwe .. Very concerning that they have used us to get better and are now done with us 🤷🏼‍♂️😡🥴 #worldcricketisprogressing

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm
jaybro wrote:

It’s not all about the team result, individually they had some young players stand up and do well, as a result there are plenty of new faces in their three squads to tour Oman & India
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Looks like the UAE and Afghanistan are touring in April. Four and five ODIs respectively.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 pm
Looks like the UAE and Afghanistan are touring in April. Four and five ODIs respectively.
Where’d you hear this ?

kudet

Post by kudet »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:33 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 pm
Where’d you hear this ?
https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/zc-plug-in-gaps
Brighton Zhawi

Zimbabwe Cricket has filled a huge fixture gap and it’s confirmed the Chevrons will host two nations that have broken their hearts in recent times, UAE and Afghanistan.

UAE are expected in the country first for a four-match ODI series before Afghanistan follow for five ODIs.

ZC acting general manager Givemore Makoni confirmed the tours.

“Yes, we are looking forward to hosting both the United Arab Emirates and Afghanistan in the coming months,” he said.

“Both tours should happen in April, although the actual dates are yet to be finalized. “All I can say, at the moment, is that both tours have been confirmed with the Chevrons expected host the UAE for a four match ODI series.

“The clash between Zimbabwe and Afghanistan will be a five-match series.

“Our number one job is cricket, yes we are under austerity, but cricket should be played hence the frantic efforts to fill in the fixture gap,” Makoni said. Zimbabwe’s last ODI was away to Bangladesh in October 2018 while their last home series came in July 2018 against Pakistan. The forthcoming tours by UAE and Afghanistan bridge what could have been a nine-month period without any international cricket. Zimbabwe is expected to tour Ireland for a three ODI and T20 series in July as per the requirements of the Future tours program. “It has been tough, to be honest, but we are working flat out to ensure our cricket gets back to where it’s supposed to be,”went on Makoni.

“One of these efforts is to make sure we have plenty of international cricket,” he said. The Acting ZC general manager reiterated that the organization is committed to keeping the game afloat in the country.

“Our message to our staff has been ‘tough times don’t last, but tough people do’; and as this is our second year under austerity, we are making good progress.

‘’We are also hosting the women’s World T20 Africa Regional Qualifier in May; and we will also work, flat out, to make sure that we do so successfully.

“We have just completed our Logan Cup which we played around with the dates to ensure most of our national team players were around to improve the quality of the competition,” Makoni said.

UAE’s visit to Zimbabwe will be their first, since they broke the Chevron’s hearts with a three-run win last March 2018.

This was during the ICC World Qualifier match during Zimbabwe needed to win and book a place at this year’s World Cup in England and Wales.
Afghanistan won 3-2 during their last ODI series tour of Zimbabwe in 2017.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Well this is good news from where I'm sitting and it's actually really good timing

The Pro50 comp will be starting up again soon so the selectors will finally get a chance to pick from players for the same format

A chance for the boys to get revenge on the Emiraties for the CWCQ loss and it will be a good step up from the Pro50 leading up to the very important series v Afghanistan.

If the spin trio of Nabi, Rashid & Mujeeb are in fact unavailable it gives Zimbabwe a great chance to finally beat these guys in a series.

9 ODI's against beatable opposition is just what the doctor ordered.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Wow! This is wonderful news, looking forward to see Zimbabwe play some cricket!!

Still a little disappointed that there are no tests against Afghanistan or Ireland.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:53 pm
A chance for the boys to get revenge on the Emiraties for the CWCQ loss and it will be a good step up from the Pro50 leading up to the very important series v Afghanistan.
Nepal have beaten them in 2 formats, back to back, at their own den. We must be annihilating them in all matches ideally, a la 2008-09 Kenya series. Let us see how it goes.