Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by jaybro » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:13 pm
Has anybody noticed that the crowds for the current Australia summer have been awful? The stadiums and grounds in general are all virtually half full. In years gone by these games were absolutely packed!
Cricket is really hurting in Australia for numerous reasons mentioned here

-Sand paper gate

-National team is losing

-Lack of star quality players

-Not being on free to air TV

In Australia we are spoilt for entertainment there’s so much to do and see and now with all these streaming apps and social media the overseas sports like EPL, NFL, NBA etc are taking up a massive chunk of the sporting audience.

I remember following the NFL in the early 2000’s and I would very rarely come across somebody who followed it as keenly as I, but now every 2nd bloke on the street is an expert analyst of the game.

Cricket used to have free reign through the summer months here in OZ but now with these overseas sports running at the same time and coverage on tv being so good they have stiff competition.
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Andybligzz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:48 am

Not being on free to air is going to be the biggest mistake made by cricaus . Absoloute joke to our national
Game
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by jaybro » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:40 am

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:48 am
Not being on free to air is going to be the biggest mistake made by cricaus . Absoloute joke to our national
Game
Yeah they've already admitted they've stuffed up

Hopefully next season we don't have this issue

At least now with the new sports only subscription 'Kayo Sports' it's much more affordable at $25 a month
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Andybligzz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:20 am

jaybro wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:40 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:48 am
Not being on free to air is going to be the biggest mistake made by cricaus . Absoloute joke to our national
Game
Yeah they've already admitted they've stuffed up

Hopefully next season we don't have this issue

At least now with the new sports only subscription 'Kayo Sports' it's much more affordable at $25 a month
Ya but it’s things like that can put people off for life , some of the best cricketers come from poor backgrounds. The love and passion for the game in our country is dying because of greedy businessmen . I’ve got fox sports and only costs me 50 a month , get all the channels . Have to admit the new cricket channel is pretty awesome except for the bullshit big bash replays they show. Just brainwashing the next generation into thinking it’s the best format to play. What happened to the classic Odis and tests , they are the best to watch !
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by zimbos_05 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:11 am

Australians have this habit of complaining about things for silly reasons. Yes, not having it on fta is not ideal, but cricket does not get as big a crowds as it once did, so CA is bound to go with a deal where they are getting more money. Same thing happened with Optus sport. People complained to no end because Fox lost the EPL, but Optus has by far the best coverage this country has ever seen. I wish Fox never gets the EPL back.

I pay $39 for foxtel and thats because I chose the HD option. In saying that, Channel 9 was part of the problem of the culture that led to the sandpaper incident. The way the network carried itself and broadcasted cricket. Bringing up kids to think that that kind of attitude and ideas is ok.

The problem stems from a government. They did not set about laws and regulations for coverage in this country, and their failure of an NBN is a major issue in terms of how people receive coverage. They also pander to certain individuals in terms of having our national teams on an open market where by the highest bidder gets their games. Soccer fans have had to endure without proper FTA coverage of their sport for a very very long time, yet it is the sport with the biggest participation numbers in the country.

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Andybligzz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:11 am
Australians have this habit of complaining about things for silly reasons. Yes, not having it on fta is not ideal, but cricket does not get as big a crowds as it once did, so CA is bound to go with a deal where they are getting more money. Same thing happened with Optus sport. People complained to no end because Fox lost the EPL, but Optus has by far the best coverage this country has ever seen. I wish Fox never gets the EPL back.

I pay $39 for foxtel and thats because I chose the HD option. In saying that, Channel 9 was part of the problem of the culture that led to the sandpaper incident. The way the network carried itself and broadcasted cricket. Bringing up kids to think that that kind of attitude and ideas is ok.

The problem stems from a government. They did not set about laws and regulations for coverage in this country, and their failure of an NBN is a major issue in terms of how people receive coverage. They also pander to certain individuals in terms of having our national teams on an open market where by the highest bidder gets their games. Soccer fans have had to endure without proper FTA coverage of their sport for a very very long time, yet it is the sport with the biggest participation numbers in the country.
Complaining ? The cost of living has gone up and the game is at a all time low in attendance for crowds and playing ! Make people pay to watch cricket when it was on free to air for everyone to enjoy is a great way to encourage new people from
All backgrounds to get a love for the game. Sorry mate but you are off your head if you think this is complaining. Epl I understand as it’s not even our league or played in our country . Cricket is our national sport and everyone should be able to watch it.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by zimbos_05 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:36 am

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 am


Complaining ? The cost of living has gone up and the game is at a all time low in attendance for crowds and playing ! Make people pay to watch cricket when it was on free to air for everyone to enjoy is a great way to encourage new people from
All backgrounds to get a love for the game. Sorry mate but you are off your head if you think this is complaining. Epl I understand as it’s not even our league or played in our country . Cricket is our national sport and everyone should be able to watch it.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with the whole argument and the complaints. Cricket should be on FTA without a doubt. The point you're making is what I mean by the government has allowed this. They have not regulated foxtel in any way. Why do foxtel charge for HD? That should be a standard. Why do they also continue to raise their prices without justification. I was paying $97 at one point for basic with sport. I'm just glad I found a new deal.

What I mean by the complaining is that the news it was going to FOX was announced months ago. Nothing was said then. Australian fans would watch at stadiums if it was not one of the sub continent teams. South Africa are a middle ground, and probably a little too early in the summer, very hushed and rush series too. This series is mostly going to be Indian fans. Aussie fans will save their money for the big bash.

EPL has a huge following in Australia, and the idea that it's not played in this country makes it irrelevant is a weak argument. It's why fans complained when Optus won the rights (although I much prefer Optus) Then they complained with the SBS/Optus world cup debacle. Then they complained over this. I think sport should be accessible to all, particularly the national team, however, I don't think not having it on FTA is to blame for poor crowd attendances.

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Andybligzz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:36 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 am


Complaining ? The cost of living has gone up and the game is at a all time low in attendance for crowds and playing ! Make people pay to watch cricket when it was on free to air for everyone to enjoy is a great way to encourage new people from
All backgrounds to get a love for the game. Sorry mate but you are off your head if you think this is complaining. Epl I understand as it’s not even our league or played in our country . Cricket is our national sport and everyone should be able to watch it.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with the whole argument and the complaints. Cricket should be on FTA without a doubt. The point you're making is what I mean by the government has allowed this. They have not regulated foxtel in any way. Why do foxtel charge for HD? That should be a standard. Why do they also continue to raise their prices without justification. I was paying $97 at one point for basic with sport. I'm just glad I found a new deal.

What I mean by the complaining is that the news it was going to FOX was announced months ago. Nothing was said then. Australian fans would watch at stadiums if it was not one of the sub continent teams. South Africa are a middle ground, and probably a little too early in the summer, very hushed and rush series too. This series is mostly going to be Indian fans. Aussie fans will save their money for the big bash.

EPL has a huge following in Australia, and the idea that it's not played in this country makes it irrelevant is a weak argument. It's why fans complained when Optus won the rights (although I much prefer Optus) Then they complained with the SBS/Optus world cup debacle. Then they complained over this. I think sport should be accessible to all, particularly the national team, however, I don't think not having it on FTA is to blame for poor crowd attendances.
I get what you are saying and glad we share the same thoughts on the viewing of the cricket . In regards to the epl , I feel it’s common sense for a sport that is not in the top 2 favourite in our country or a league that is not even our home league to be on a subscription channel. Do not get me wrong I am a massive Newcastle united supporter and love the game , I’ve even lived in Newcastle for 6 months so I understand what you are saying . But at no point is football relevant to what cricaus is doing to the public of Australia right now. The public is so far disconnected to the team and board than it ever has been and hence the reason big bash is becoming the biggest cricket in this country. This is why the game in its purest forms is a dead man walking and is being stolen by the brainwashing of baseball cricket . I love twenty20 for a bit of entertainment and it’s still cricket you get to watch ( sort of ) . Cricaus are making the bucks now but fast forward 10-15 years when aus are going to England / South Africa / India and are being thumped and the games over by day 3 , the board is going to realise it’s to late . All this shit with the bash brothers at Brisbane heat , getting scorched at the fernus by the scorchers and Chris green opening the bowling with right arm slow that isn’t even off spin (commentators praising the shit out of him ) is not cricket . It infuriates me because they have the power to save our great game that Richie Benaud , tony Greg ect worked so hard to protect , its slipping year by year. The only way to save it is with the next gen , this is why we need free viewing for everyone . Having a bbq at a family gathering , playing back yard cricket with the cricket on the tv inside blaring , after bowling your brother out then running inside to check the score was the way I grew up and no kid should be robbed of a part of Australian sporting culture . We are not Americans , we are not English and we are not South Africans. It’s what should be the standard , big bash fair enough pay for it as it’s a private league . But when your nation is on tv in any sport the public should be able to support and watch their team no matter what .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Cricket is a popular sport in oz, but it’s not at the same time.

Less than half of my friends aee remotely interested in it, but it’s always benefitted from being immersed in television and the structure was always the same. Footy season would finish and it would roll into cricket and cricket will fade away as soon as the footy (afl in the south and west states and NRL in the east) started back up. It’s traditional and iconic. Now it’s becomgn very blurry with yours at random times.

Now couple this with taking it off FTA tv and that’s fucked it completely.

When rugby union went to pay tv the game died. I suspect so did basketball. Cricket didn’t learn from this.

You know that saying ‘what’s worse than being poor? Being a wealthy man that became poor’ and the same adage is here too. The fact we all had it almost 24/7 on our tvs and having it taken away/charged will just send people off. Same reason I don’t go on my local toll road. It used to be free and now they make me pay so fuck you M4 motorway l’ll go Parramatta road instead.

Then Jaybro’s spoilt for choice point and the fact Aus aren’t winning it’s all a potent killer mix.

I also think that with Sydney and Melbourne being deadset construction zones to Hong Kong high rises doesn’t foster a cricketing society, which tends to do better with areas with open parks and outdoor activity. Although I can’t prove this, just suspect it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Btw cricaus had some review and found that Australia has a ‘win at all costs’ mentality they are trying to change.
That will fick us ip further If you take the competitive edge away, you’ll just breed that leftist self hate mentality you see elsewhere in society. All they had to do was say ‘hard but fair’ and ‘don’t cheat’ and problem solved.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests