Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 7607
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by jaybro » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 am

Just checked the dates for the IPL, they’ll definitely clash with the Zimbabwe v Afghanistan series, I wonder how this will play out with the availability of Nabi , Rashid & Mujeeb??

Afghanistan will either see this as an opportunity to see what Qais Ahmed and/or Zahir Khan can do at this level, or they’ll flex their muscle and demand the players be available. I doubt they’ll try and make these guys choose, they know the IPL money is very important to these guys and their families.

The other option is having them Rashid & Mujeeb avilbalemfor maybe 2 or 3 of the games so they might only miss 1 or 2 IPL games? I think Nabi will get released for the series, it’s not like he’s a permanent fixture in his IPL side from what I can remember?
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Mr Twig
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Mr Twig » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:33 am

The FTP has been updated
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... l-2019.pdf

Looks like West Indies are not coming as planned in October. That tour has disappeared. Zimbabwe will instead play a T20I tri-series in Bangladesh in September with Afghanistan. The Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe in August that was supposedly pushed back to 2020 is also missing.

The postponed India away tour is now scheduled for December (3 T20Is)

The previous FTP had Zimbabwe play 17 Tests from now until 2023 World Cup. It's now 13 Tests.

sam_ahm
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:14 am

Mr Twig wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:33 am
The FTP has been updated
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... l-2019.pdf

Looks like West Indies are not coming as planned in October. That tour has disappeared. Zimbabwe will instead play a T20I tri-series in Bangladesh in September with Afghanistan. The Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe in August that was supposedly pushed back to 2020 is also missing.

The postponed India away tour is now scheduled for December (3 T20Is)

The previous FTP had Zimbabwe play 17 Tests from now until 2023 World Cup. It's now 13 Tests.
Thanks for sharing the updated FTP mate. Shocking to see the WI tour disappear :(

From 2020 onwards Zimbabwe seem to have fair number of games, thanks to the ODI league.

Second half of this year is still slightly better than the first half, considering Zimbabwe will also play THE T20WC qualifier in the UAE in October.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 7607
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by jaybro » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Looks like no tests for Zimbabwe in 2019 what a joke
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 7607
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by jaybro » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:27 am

Even the India series is now just 3 t20 games ???

Looks like Windies are now touring Afghanistan instead of Zimbabwe??

No cricket in November or December either

2019 for Zimbabwe 9 ODIs against Associates & Ireland no tests and a hand full of t20s

Really sad year for Zimbabwe
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Robbo
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:32 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Robbo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 am

That FTP is a disgrace. When was the last time Zimbabwe actually played a series which exactly corresponed with the FTP and at the specified time?
Don't know whether it's ZC , other boards or the ICC, but either way it's shocking the way things are changed or cancelled.

Following Zim is a test of character and patience.....

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Andybligzz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:19 am

Robbo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 am
That FTP is a disgrace. When was the last time Zimbabwe actually played a series which exactly corresponed with the FTP and at the specified time?
Don't know whether it's ZC , other boards or the ICC, but either way it's shocking the way things are changed or cancelled.

Following Zim is a test of character and patience.....
Haha this comment Is perfect
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sam_ahm
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:29 am

Keep winning and keep performing, people will take Zimbabwe seriously.

Qualifying for T20WC remains key target for Zimbabwe this year. Should be easy but then winning against UAE last year was easy too.. Cannot mess it up this time Zimbos.

zimfan1
Posts: 4967
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by zimfan1 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Noises coming from Ireland that the matches against Zimbabwe may be cancelled.

sam_ahm
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm » Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 pm

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Noises coming from Ireland that the matches against Zimbabwe may be cancelled.
Why on earth?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests