[Match Thread] West Indies v Zimbabwe (4th ODI)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
muyendesi

Re: [Match Thread] West Indies v Zimbabwe (4th ODI)

Post by muyendesi »

Maruma, creamer, taibu, taylor, masakadza, price have impessed me .I think they r for the future.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

The Saint wrote:Why is Taylor immune to criticism on this forum? Why is he never a candidate to be dropped? Everyone praises him yet he's efforts agaisnt Bangladesh, S.Afr and the W.I have been poor to say the least (Yes he made a century against Banladesh only when the series was over). In time he might be a player but to me he still has a long way to go. And once again why does Mutizwa's name hardly ever come up as a possible replacement?
That now makes the two of us mate...
Last edited by Conant on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muyendesi

Post by muyendesi »

muyendesi wrote:Maruma, creamer, taibu, taylor, masakadza, price have impessed me .I think they r for the future.
Sorry i forgot to mention the main man Mr Chigumbura. He is the star on the rise for zim. :) :) :)

muyendesi

Post by muyendesi »

Conant wrote:
The Saint wrote:Why is Taylor immune to criticism on this forum? Why is he never a candidate to be dropped? Everyone praises him yet he's efforts agaisnt Bangladesh, S.Afr and the W.I have been poor to say the least (Yes he made a century against Banladesh only when the series was over). In time he might be a player but to me he still has a long way to go. And once again why does Mutizwa's name hardly ever come up as a possible replacement?
That now makes the two of us mate...
I could have been the 3rd one here guys but having watched all the games so for .The boys looks like he has the best technique in the team but on merit he shld join the other floops to be dropped the next time we play.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

The Saint wrote:And once again why does Mutizwa's name hardly ever come up as a possible replacement?
In the context of this series: he's not there. I think he's one to keep an eye on, though. Although as Vusi is showing us, good domestic form doesn't automatically equal good international form.

muyendesi

Post by muyendesi »

maehara wrote:
The Saint wrote:And once again why does Mutizwa's name hardly ever come up as a possible replacement?
In the context of this series: he's not there. I think he's one to keep an eye on, though. Although as Vusi is showing us, good domestic form doesn't automatically equal good international form.
I agree with maehara here .Most of these players r in the this team cause of good domestic form and most of them have proved to us that domestic form does not mean good international form .Lamb , sibanda, matsikenyere, mpofu, masakadza and other haved this to be correct. Having said that I like lamb as a spin bowler. :? :?

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

Does anyone have a link for today's game? Cheers

The Saint

Post by The Saint »

Maehara makes a valid point about domestic form, but what else is there to go on? I'm not putting Mutizwa's name forward because i believe he will single handedly solve Zimbabwe's batting woes, it's more why not give him a go? If he's not up to it fine, look elsewhere, but guys like Matiskinyeri have been given endless oppurtunties while younger better players can't get a look in. Case in point, S.Masakadza, why only give him the one match? Why not play him for 3, 4 matches see if he shows anything, it's not as if Zimbabwe are stacked with quality in the fast bowling department.

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

Match become intresting 40 needed and 5 wickets left.
God Always Favors Brave Always

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

zimfan1 wrote:
Look at his stats, he has the highest average in the team and has scored the most half centuries, yes i accept he is not in his best form at the moment but the class it there.

Mutizwa has a very iffy technique which will be badly exposed against quick international class bowling.
Sean Williams also has class (in fact, probably classier) but still got dropped. There are quite a few more of those classy players as well, Zimfan; Vusi, Chibhabha and they are hopeless when it comes to team contribution, as Taylor has been so far