First OD Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: First OD Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Post by tawac »

Finally, a wicket from the Bowling allrounder Raza delivers.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

Van de Gugten was in Tasmania's squad for the last few years and barely got a game. Tas have struggled so I wouldn't say he is a world better. Maybe better at t20. Good to zim doing well. Would have been nice to see batsmen make an imposing total first up though!

GregorPJ
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by GregorPJ »

Van Beek also no mug with the bat - plays first class cricket in New Zealand with a high score of 111*.

142 should be chased down - unless someone has seen a video to suggest it's a minefield I would assume Netherlands top order batted poorly during a good bowling effort from Zimbabwe!

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

From 40/8 to 142/10. The last two wickets fetching 100 runs is a bit worrying. Need some killer instinct.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

tawac

Post by tawac »

Ming wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am
From 40/8 to 142/10. The last two wickets fetching 100 runs is a bit worrying. Need some killer instinct.
Yah that's one disheartening thing about Zim we get in good positions but just lack the finishing touch.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

GregorPJ
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by GregorPJ »

Good to see the batsman knuckling down ..... not.

Snater to Mire, OUT, Trying to slog, got top edge and a wonderful catch running beckside by Van Beek at Point. Its his day today and you cannot keep him out of the action.

van Beek to Masakadza, OUT, You miss i hit ! Masakadza looking to slog again, misses completly and his leg stump goes for a walk.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

GregorPJ wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 pm
Good to see the batsman knuckling down ..... not.

Snater to Mire, OUT, Trying to slog, got top edge and a wonderful catch running beckside by Van Beek at Point. Its his day today and you cannot keep him out of the action.

van Beek to Masakadza, OUT, You miss i hit ! Masakadza looking to slog again, misses completly and his leg stump goes for a walk.
Doesn't fill me with much confidence for Sri Lanka.

tawac

Post by tawac »

Zimbabwe should be looking to change things up. Hope we see a different side on Thursday.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Let's wrap it up first then change things . 3rd Game we can switch it up

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Alot of positives here, but i feel its more dumb luck than outright skill.

Not to sound too negative,
What is always the case, we can never just finish it off in style when we get in good positions.

havent seen that since Canada in the 2011 WC when Price did the trick.

Also,

Whenever we chase these ridiculous low totals with no pressure, why do we always do it 4/5 down?
this is a worry.

With no pressure we let 4 wickets fall and only two batters got decent scores.

If we had let the game take its course, based on it being 4/142, we would have been all out around 230. Thats unacceptable against a team like Netherlands.

we should have hammered this 2 down.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*